• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know of a peep that will fit a .32 traditions crockett ,and no have to do a lot of work on gun? THANKS LANEY
Laney, I put a Tom A. Hawks peep on my Crockett Squirrel Rifle. It’s only being held by the one tang screw but it pretty much stays put. If it moves it’s easily noticed and can be moved back over. I have put mine through the test the last couple of months and the peep made all the difference while hunting squirrels in the darker hardwoods mountains. My success rate went from about 50% to about 98%. If I wanted to secure the peep better, I could do so by drilling a hole in the stock. However, I am not wanting to do that at this time.

Attachments

• Tom A Hawks Peep Sight.jpg
    Tom A Hawks Peep Sight.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Tom A Hawks Peep Sight in the upright position.jpg
    Tom A Hawks Peep Sight in the upright position.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Laney, I put a Tom A. Hawks peep on my Crockett Squirrel Rifle. It’s only being held by the one tang screw but it pretty much stays put. If it moves it’s easily noticed and can be moved back over. I have put mine through the test the last couple of months and the peep made all the difference while hunting squirrels in the darker hardwoods mountains. My success rate went from about 50% to about 98%. If I wanted to secure the peep better, I could do so by drilling a hole in the stock. However, I am not wanting to do that at this time.

I have a couple of quick follow up questions on this. I found your review you posted about this sight. Question #1: Did you use the original tang screw or a longer one?
Question #2: In your review you mentioned replacing the front sight as well. Was this to get proper function or just to get a more visible sight picture? Which front sight did you end up going with?

I have been pondering putting better sights on my Crockett rifle as well. This peep sight would seem to fit the bill.

ET:Where do you get in touch with Mr. Hawks?
Thanks
NW

ET:Where do you get in touch with Mr. Hawks?
Thanks
NW
Howdy nit wit. Tom A Hawks is on here. Pretty sure you can look him up on here. I saw where he posted in a thread and sent him a message.

EDIT: I just went to my in box conversations and typed in Tom A. Hawks. His name pulled right up.

Last edited:
I have a couple of quick follow up questions on this. I found your review you posted about this sight. Question #1: Did you use the original tang screw or a longer one?
Question #2: In your review you mentioned replacing the front sight as well. Was this to get proper function or just to get a more visible sight picture? Which front sight did you end up going with?

I have been pondering putting better sights on my Crockett rifle as well. This peep sight would seem to fit the bill.
52 Delta.

I got a little longer tang screw for my Crockett Rifle in order for the peep to work. I cut it off some for proper fit.

The front sight I installed came off one of my other ML's. I did this due to the factory sight being too low for my liking and for my particular vision, and/or to work well with the peep. I purchased it many years ago and do not remember the name of it but it is a finer fiber optic sight that does not glow very much.

I'll see if I have a picture of it somewhere. If not, I'll take one and post it for you.

For my particular vision, the combination of the peep and finer front bead made all the difference for this ole boy.
IMG_1148.jpeg

Last edited:
You wouldn`t happen to have a set of calipers handy to get an idea how tall the front sight is would you? Just a close approximation would be enough.

You wouldn`t happen to have a set of calipers handy to get an idea how tall the front sight is would you? Just a close approximation would be enough.
I just got in from a long and tough day. When I go back outside to my garage I'll get my calipers and get a measurement for you.

Mr. ETipp that is what i need to do on my .32. Do you know what size front sit is?
Laney, I just measured the height of the front sight that I installed on my Crockett Rifle. It measures right at 1/2" tall from the bottom of the dove tail/mount to the top of the the sight. Now yours may vary, but for me, this was necessary. If you, or anyone else, has any questions feel free to ask.

Keep yer powder dry.

Delta, sorry for the delay. I've been working like a borrowed mule lately. Measurements are listed in my previous post. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Laney, I just measured the height of the front sight that I installed on my Crockett Rifle. It measures right at 1/2" tall from the bottom of the dove tail/mount to the top of the the sight. Now yours may vary, but for me, this was necessary. If you, or anyone else, has any questions feel free to ask.

Keep yer powder dry.
Bud, thanks for your help.

Yes, thank you. You have been very helpful. I have been wondering for nearly a year now about how I could get a better sight set up on my Crockett rifle. You have saved me a ton of trial and error.

Back