• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 crocket rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to handle one but didnt get to shoot it seemed sweet . I get what you mean about the efficient use of powder and lead 5lb bag of #1 buckshot and 15 to 40 grains of powder is cool would like to get my daughter into shooting maybe if i get her own she will take a interested.

Great little rifle for what it cost. It is not custom quality but did not cost a month pay either. Shoot with 25 grains of 3F and #0 buck for target accuracy or #1 buck and a thicker patch for hunting. ET :m2c:

I have a Crockett also and I really enjoy it. Miserly to shoot and the accuracy is good. I use .310 roundball, .015 wet patch and 20 gr. fffg for plinking around. I've had it for several years and it has'nt given me any trouble. :front:

Most people who handle mine comment on both its light weight and great balance. It's very easy to shot offhand. They also either go home and order their own or starts saving. I paid less than $300 at Midsouth, including shipping. Nice piece of wood and decent metal finish. There are some very small changes I'll make, simply to improve things to my eye- not a criticism of the gun. Very solid value for the money.

As for loads, I started with 20 grains of Pyrodex P, a .310 Horanady round ball and .015 prelubed patch. No reason to change. The sights are right on the money at 25 yards. It's more accurate than I'll ever be, and it's plenty powerful for snowshoe hares and I assume headshots on any other small game.

Very quiet and "polite" with that load, somewhere between 22LR and 22 Mag in noise. Very little smoke cloud too, which is an advantage with white rabbits on white snow.

I also own one. I concur with all of the previous positive postings. The crockett is appropriate for many of the tasks that a big-bore isn't..such as stalking small game, or introducing a young shooter to BP shooting..can't beat it for the price.

:front:

I just picked one up yesterday at a local gun show NIB for $185. :shocking: I've only shot it about fifty times yesterday afternoon & evening, but RB accuracy is quite acceptable, it's extremely lightweight, the the price was definitely right. I tried some 98 grain cast maxi's in it, and could have laid the target on the ground and paced off the group size. :D Three shot groups with the maxi's were two feet plus at only 25 yards and keyholed.

That is strange about the Maxi's keyholing. I shot some out of my Crockett, and they were pretty accurate.(2"-3" groups) at 50yds. I think your bore may be a bit rough yet. Get a few hundred rounds throuh it, and it should be better.

I think Rebel is right on target here. The little lady just need some more shooting to get the barrel shot in and accuracy should improve. Mine has very good accuracy out to 50 yds. or so, but I bought mine used and it was probably already shot in. :front: :peace:

Back