• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2014 Women On Target Program Muzzle Loading.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray-Vigo

Yankee
Reaction score
The Arlington-Fairfax, Virginia Chapter of the Izaak Walton League and the Women of the NRA hosted their annual “Women On Target” event on May 10, 2014 at the IWL property in Centreville, VA. The daylong program introduced women to shooting sports, archery, and personal protection concepts.

Muzzle loading firearms were part of the day’s events at the rifle/pistol range. Several of the volunteers introducing women to the sport included members of the Bull Run Muzzle Loaders club of Centreville, VA. The volunteers demonstrated period firearms and gave the women opportunities to shoot many types of muzzle loading guns. Women from of different backgrounds and ages shot guns ranging from a primitive matchlock musket, to percussion revolvers. Some were even brave enough to shoot a 1.00 caliber (four-gauge), rifled flintlock wall gun.

This year’s muzzle loading table was the largest yet, with enough firearms and volunteers to cover every position of a large loading bench. The women greatly enjoyed the event and many indicated they wanted to return next year. Women on Target takes place annually at the Centreville IWL range as a joint project of the Women of the NRA and the Arlington-Fairfax IWL.

WOTBench2_zpsda0de035.jpg

WOTbench_zpsb7e99ba0.jpg

WallGun_zps02840088.jpg

WallAim2_zps0b5ce539.jpg

WallFire_zpsb4c799cf.jpg

WallLoad_zpsc586deef.jpg

ArtMatchLock_zps7c6c726d.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures. It's great that you help out and let others shoot your rifles. I belong to that range as well, there are some good folks out there.

I doing a Women in the NRA event this coming Saturday. 75 women registered! I'm running the PPC Station. Others are doing the Black Powder Station, including muzzleloaders in both rifle & pistol! And a .45-70 Trapdoor Springfield to boot!

I enjoy being a part of it and encourage others here to do the same!

Dave

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for the info and pics.We had our first young lady shoot at one of our shoots this month.Glad woman are getting involved in BP shooting.Griz

Back