• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1849 pocket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
thinking on a Uberti 1849 pocket, .31 cal. problem is i'm confused wether to get .310 RBs or .320 RBs. i have no experience with .31 cals.

any advise?

You should use the 310's..the '49 has a short loading lever and its hard enough to load with the 310's...the 320's may work but you will have to apply alot more pressure to seat the ball. :thumbsup:

I just picked up a replica of a baby dragoon in 31 caliber. I tried my 310 rifle balls in the pistol but they pretty much fall into the cylinder. I am using 320 balls that came with the pistol. The 320s are a bit tight going in and are a bit hard on the loading hand but they shave off a nice ring for the seal. Maybee 315 balls would be a the cat's meow--- don't have any to try--just thinking.

yep....you are correct. I just checked my '49 and remembered that the 310's are for my .32 Mowrey..
too many guns and too many calibers and a failing old timer memory :rotf:

#0 buckshot (.320 diameter) works nicely and is a much better buy. It's worth measuring your chamber diameter(s) and finding out just what will work best for you.

Have fun and shoot safely!
WV_Hillbilly

Back