• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

12 year old daughter wants to shoot bp

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parents dealt with this issue by giving us chores to do around the house, for which we were paid an allowance. We could save up money to buy things like a gun, with their permission, but it came out of OUR money, not theirs. We were a lot less likely to spend money on something that we would lose interest in shortly if it came out of our own pocket.

I still think that is the way parents should deal with these issues with kids. I have not found any better ways, nor learned of better ways from other parents and kids.

Paul your exactly right, makes them consider a few more factors dosen't it. I surely didn't have any intention of directing the statement at anybody or thier children here! I have spent a considerable amount of time working with kids at firearms as well as archery. Have seen a bit of all the varaitions. Brad

Something like a Renagade or a deer slayer (stalker?) in .50 would do the trick. Not too long so most of the weight isn't out far in front :wink: . Your load sounds good too :thumbsup:

Agree in general with the other posts regarding making them invest in it...a good idea that seems to have worked with my now 19 year-old Eagle Scout away at college. When he comes home, his favorite pastime with dear old dad is to make some smoke and get some soot on his face :grin:

May you be fortunate enough to have the same thing happen to you :)

All the best,

Dave

Back