• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

….

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just-a-hunter get prepared to be railed upon because you stated your ideas and told those here you don't want to hear all they have to say, just what you need to hear. Don't be put off just understand some can get a little touchy when it’s stated you only want certain info.
Coupe

Just-a-hunter get prepared to be railed upon because you stated your ideas and told those here you don't want to hear all they have to say, just what you need to hear. Don't be put off just understand some can get a little touchy when it’s stated you only want certain info.
Coupe

Wow……. That's what you got from my thread? I have no hope....

Todd

Last edited:
I thought you were saying spit is the best patch lube, flintlock is better than percussion, real black powder is better than Pyrodex, cold water is better than hot for cleaning, .018 patches are better than .020, full stock is better than half stock and a Traditions gun is just as good as a custom built gun.

But, I didn’t read it all that closely,,,😉

Pretty much! I had a small paragraph just simply and respectfully stating I didn't want to hear how I'd be better off with PRB's in my gun as I knew it would be a problem but apparently, that is a problem too. I love this site but do not post here because of the culture. A fellow can't be just a hunter that loves sidelocks. It's too much to admit you love the feel of tradition and feel like being connected to the past without having to pretend it isn't 2024... I very much respect the people that are truly traditional. It is very hard to do and an awesome feat for those that do do it. On that same note it is the worst group of snobery in the shooting sports there is.... There I go being snobby about it. I was a supporting member for several years here. I just can't do it anymore.

Todd

Pretty much! I had a small paragraph just simply and respectfully stating I didn't want to hear how I'd be better off with PRB's in my gun as I knew it would be a problem but apparently, that is a problem too. I love this site but do not post here because of the culture. A fellow can't be just a hunter that loves sidelocks. It's too much to admit you love the feel of tradition and feel like being connected to the past without having to pretend it isn't 2024... I very much respect the people that are truly traditional. It is very hard to do and an awesome feat for those that do do it. On that same note it is the worst group of snobery in the shooting sports there is.... There I go being snobby about it. I was a supporting member for several years here. I just can't do it anymore.

Todd
Well, ya, some valid points, I suppose, but from a bit of a thin-skinned viewpoint. You just gotta learn to push a little yourself, too. Give as good as you get. Eventually you'll get the hang of the culture and be able to feel like you're fitting in. Take the viewpoint that you come here to learn, to contribute, but not necessarily to be appreciated.

Well, ya, some valid points, I suppose, but from a bit of a thin-skinned viewpoint. You just gotta learn to push a little yourself, too. Give as good as you get. Eventually you'll get the hang of the culture and be able to feel like you're fitting in. Take the viewpoint that you come here to learn, to contribute, but not necessarily to be appreciated.

Great point and I do believe you are 100% correct. But.... I just went through all of my posts since 2019 and have remembered why I don't post here much. Again, I love to read and love the content of the original posters, but I have never seen a forum site where there are so many people waiting in the wings to point out that it should be their way or the highway. I researched my posts and have felt the need to be in arguments in 90% of them to try and fit in. I don't like how that makes me feel. I understand that I am the problem and that I just don't fit in here. I am okay with that and will continue to enjoy the original posts from others. I definitely dig the hunting section! I do feel however that the thin skin is on all sides of the conversation. I don't know how shooting home cast paper patched bullets, shooting pyrodex, and maybe using plastic can bother some so much they feel the need to chime in on all the wrongs, yet the firearm from the 70's, trimmed in brass with adjustable click sights is accepted as okay.... And then when you make a small paragraph respectfully asking to spare us of the PRB speech, you get posts like the first one above... just weird. I get it though, like I said, I am the problem and don't fit in.... again, I'm cool with that...

Todd

Hey, I smell what you’re stepping in. There are some knowledgeable folks on here whose posts I look forward to reading. Some others, not so much. A lot of good threads get side tracked too easily and when folks start arguing, I stop reading.

Shoot, I made the mistake one time of stating a particular thing was historically correct. When a member called me out on it and asked for proof, I went back and found some period documentation to support my statement. Their reply? “Oh, the writer just made that up”. Won’t go there anymore.

Another member here gets all tore up if I post a picture of a one inch group shot with a new gun for the first time. He thinks I should have shot a half inch group and thinks I don’t know how to shoot.

I don’t know anyone on here personally. To me, we’re all just avatars and words on a screen. Like I’ve said before, I’m just here for the guns. 🤭

I thought you were saying spit is the best patch lube, flintlock is better than percussion, real black powder is better than Pyrodex, cold water is better than hot for cleaning, .018 patches are better than .020, full stock is better than half stock and a Traditions gun is just as good as a custom built gun.

But, I didn’t read it all that closely,,,😉
I didn’t get to read it, but I just want to make sure we all understand that the only way to properly season your barrel is to use Bore Butter.

I didn’t get to read it, but I just want to make sure we all understand that the only way to properly season your barrel is to use Bore Butter.
Me either, but Is that with the flint wrapped in leather or lead? Now do not get all stuck up with your ramrod in the barrel. Someone will come along shortly and tell you the proper and best way to get it out.

Todd
dang. like this forum. read what is wrote lol i dont know enough to argue. im learning a lot. being 60 years old dont help me learn. hahaha

Welp.... ya have the same type of "attitude" in the 9mm vs 45acp, AR vs AK, GMC vs Ford vs Dodge groups. Sometimes it's difficult but ignore the attitudes or condescending remarks and just take away the info you need. EVERY jack wagon out there with these attitudes have forgotten they too were once an uneducated simpleton at some point in their journey to gaining knowledge. Don't let their ego and delusion of grandeur affect your progress to becoming a better shooter.

Back