• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wife says I have a problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassdog1

32 Seneca Guy
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
So a gun arrived the other day and wife said "been buying a lot of those lately haven't you". I said ya and headed to the garage. A few minutes later she comes out and starts asking about some of my guns so I show her a few. "She thinks they are pretty". She asks how many have you bought in the last year so I lay them out for her and she says you got a a problem and I answered ya only one flintlock and nothing in 50 or 58 and no smoothbores. She laughs and says "I don't know what that means" so I explain it to her and tell her I have sold the 45 TC and the new owner will pick it up next week she responds "how many are you gonna replace it with" and goes back inside. Maybe I do have a problem but with a wife as understanding as her its a manageable problem . Left to right this past years guns 54 TC Renegade,45 TC Hawken, 36 TC Seneca, 32 TC Seneca, 32 TC Cherokee and 32CVA Squirrel rifle. I plan on keeping a few and maybe getting rid of my duplicates in the next couple of years and picking up a nice custom 32 and 50 caliber flinter before I retire in a few years to keep me occupied. what have you guys found "that you had to have" this year pics please as I love looking at these guns.

Attachments

• IMG_1665 (1).jpg
    IMG_1665 (1).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 195
....but it’s a healthy problem, and one she may worry about, but not to your detriment. As my old Pap used to say, “A smart man picks his battles.”

what have you guys found "that you had to have" this year pics please as I love looking at these guns.
I love the title of your thread.
My wife once told me that I had a problem spending too much money.
I responded with "Yes, but I keep you around anyway....
She understood that one, she is more expensive than my gun habit - MUCH more expensive.....
I did explain, I only pay for the gun once......

My issue is with "user" fixed blade knives. I swear they are now reproducing on their own. Things are out of control. It's a problem I am learning to live with and you should too. 😁

I am lucky. I have only 27 ML guns … and my wife just encouraged me to buy another … it will be here next week. I think I'll keep her … I mean the wife. :thumb: Polecat;) Here is #28 coming

Attachments

• Sanrta Fe Hawken - mine.jpg
    Sanrta Fe Hawken - mine.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Stopped at a gunshop with girlfriend years ago..as I was looking at an old shotgun, she asked the fella behind the counter why so many different styles. He replied for different seasons and different occasions. "Oh, she says, like women have shoes!"..married her shortly after..😁

So a gun arrived the other day and wife said "been buying a lot of those lately haven't you". I said ya and headed to the garage. A few minutes later she comes out and starts asking about some of my guns so I show her a few. "She thinks they are pretty". She asks how many have you bought in the last year so I lay them out for her and she says you got a a problem and I answered ya only one flintlock and nothing in 50 or 58 and no smoothbores. She laughs and says "I don't know what that means" so I explain it to her and tell her I have sold the 45 TC and the new owner will pick it up next week she responds "how many are you gonna replace it with" and goes back inside. Maybe I do have a problem but with a wife as understanding as her its a manageable problem . Left to right this past years guns 54 TC Renegade,45 TC Hawken, 36 TC Seneca, 32 TC Seneca, 32 TC Cherokee and 32CVA Squirrel rifle. I plan on keeping a few and maybe getting rid of my duplicates in the next couple of years and picking up a nice custom 32 and 50 caliber flinter before I retire in a few years to keep me occupied. what have you guys found "that you had to have" this year pics please as I love looking at these guns.
just reminds me i have a GREAT girlfriend, i dream things up and she says why havnt you started yet. that includes all my gun builds

I hope that your assessment of her statement is correct. If I were you I'd be a little worried; I'd be thinking that there is at least a 50/50 chance that when she said, "You got a problem.", that she was actually talking to herself. You see, if you or I have a problem, and we do, it's a manageable problem, we just live with it, heck, it's fun to live with it; it's the stuff that good dreams are made of. But, if she has a problem, she might be figuring that it needs to be FIXED! Now that's the stuff that sleepless nights are made of.
I'm praying for you brother.
Oh, and by the way if this turns out that your on the wrong side of 50/50 let me know when the 75% off sale starts because MY problem is still manageable. At least I think it is; but, it is still early and my understanding bride hasn't gotten up yet. I've got her coffee set to go and will hope for the best.

I made most of mine, great friends gave me a couple. I thought I was done, I have more than I can use and I have one or two of most popular calibers. Right after I put together a .32 Kibler a friend gave me a .40 Bogle rifle. I don't need the Kibler and may turn it loose to buy a Kibler colonial kit in .58 simply because .58 is about the only caliber I don't have a gun in, and those Kibler kits hit on a whole nother level of perfection.

Wife-to-be is well aware of my habits. Nothing becomes "a problem" unless one is neglecting essentials in favor of a non-essential.

Nice collection the OP has there.

I too have a problem, but like any good 'holic, I hide it as best I can. Wife works on Tuesday evenings and so I try to bring the new guns into the house on those nights. The boxes that can show up any day are the ones that she asks about. And the fact that the smooth bores are too long to fit into any of my gun cabinets is another issue. I stash the black powder pistols on top of the gun safe which is above her line of sight.

Improvise, Adapt and Over come

Back