• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who makes a Hawken style rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
The gun I have a question about would be a Hawken style or plains rifle. A half stock percussion gun. My internet search only shows me new guns by Traditions or Pedersoli. I haven’t found anybody else who currently makes one. I am aware of used guns like TC, Lymans and Investarms but is anyone building new ones?

Thanks

I think Investarms has the Gemmer Hawken that is Factory made. I guess its a toss up on those 3 with Traditions n Pedersorry thrown in. You may get a decent one from the 3 if you don't go the kit route. All bets are off if going kit. I would at that point visit pawn shops of events to find a decent used one.

Yes, that trade gun would be excellent and I have looked at it online. I may go that route. Was just wondering if there were any builders of half stock percussion/trade rifle/plains rifle/Hawken style rifles that I had overlooked. I found a couple guys who used to make them but are no longer doing so.

Thanks

You did see it?
Your first post mentioned only finding new Traditions and Pedersolis and used TC and Lymans. And that one is a new Lymans.

I built the Investarms Gemmer Hawken kit. Mine is left handed. It’s my first kit and I guess I didn’t butcher it up too bad. You can buy it built in 50 or 54 cal. And left or right hand, percussion and flint.

Attachments

• 71008531115__CA34BBC3-49C2-48F7-A77A-61425397B8F1.jpeg
    71008531115__CA34BBC3-49C2-48F7-A77A-61425397B8F1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0428.jpeg
    IMG_0428.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Bet that one won’t last long. Heck of a deal.

There appears to be a bunch of them for sale that just cropped up about a month ago. TOTW has the best price I've seen. I bought one :)
$500 today is better than $200 ten years ago with the way prices have jumped. IMO.

Back