• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Which 1858 Remington to get

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dimensionally, the Pietta is the closest. But, Uberti wins overall because they hide most of the modern markings under the loading lever.

My opinion that nobody asked for.
“You get what you pay for”.
Ubertis are about $100 more than Piettas.
Enough said.
Enjoy your Pietta, i hear they shoot well.

A fellow Lyman guy. Mine made 1971, never been fired.
View attachment 317785

Mine is a '71 date code as well. Unsure of how much the PO shot it, but I've put about 150 rounds through it. Wonder how close ours came off the line? (I've found the Porsches that were made on the other side of my '65 356C coupe, be cool to find a gun sibling)

I think stainless looks a lot like an old gun with no finish.
True, unless you polish them!
Mine are Uberti.
If I were to get one today, I would get the Pedersoli custom version. It is the most accurate right out of the box. 2X expensive as the Uberti though, and it only comes in matte black these days.
Midway has them in stock recently!

Attachments

• IMG_4545.jpeg
    IMG_4545.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5591.jpeg
    IMG_5591.jpeg
    931.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0960.jpeg
    IMG_0960.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
I prefer the Uberti guns over Pietta. The fit and finish is much better. If price is an issue go Pietta.
I would put my two Piettas up against any Uberti ! Mine are excellent in every way. OM 2012, NM 2023 both work perfectly and the fit and finish is excellent.

Attachments

• Pietta 1858 Remington 8.JPG
    Pietta 1858 Remington 8.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
True, unless you polish them!
Mine are Uberti.
If I were to get one today, I would get the Pedersoli custom version. It is the most accurate right out of the box. 2X expensive as the Uberti though, and it only comes in matte black these days.
Midway has them in stock recently!
Taylor’s has the Pedersoli, polished chrome and completely accurized. . Only $1700.00
https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/en/product/remington-pattern-revolver-pedersoli-target-custom

Back