• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where do you shoot?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off the front porch, if in a hurry. I head to the bench in the pasture 150 yards out yonder if serious shootin' is involved. We live a few miles down the road from "the middle of nowhere".

In The Ten Ring said:
So where do you guys shoot? Official gun range? Private club? Your yard? Woods? Rock quarry?

Greg

My own private property. I own 48 acres in central Missouri. It used to belong to my dad but I inherited it. It used to be part of a 280 acre farm but the rest of the family wanted the money, not the land. I couldn't bare to turn loose of my 1/6th

HH 60 :cursing:

I am constrained to "Parma Woods" just outside of Kansas City...

Great public Range but packed every weekend. 1-2 hour wait if your trying to get one of 22 100yard lanes between Sept and the end of November.

On a public range I can get maybe...if I am fast..reloading 2 shots between range sessions. :idunno:

The joys of BP shooting... I do love it so. :wink:

And what is wrong with range safety officers? I am the chief rso (full warbonnet not included).
So I shoot at my range with my rocklock rifles from the offhand position. All the inline scoped rifle shooters are sitting at the bench.

I use FFFg while everyone else uses some kind of new fangled chemical conncoction that looks likes a pill. Usually I wear a shooting bag and powder horn.

Simple rule for archers and BP shooters: never move within city limits or into a planned subdivision. Get a place in the county and fire away. I have a 100 yards range in my backyard. The neighbors are fine with it and if they wouldn't be, I would not care. I don't shoot very early in the morning and not on sundays until noon when all the people are out of the churches nearby.

Generally I go out in the desert, out by Sugar Loaf Mt recreation area. When the desert is closed to shooting, fire danger, or when freind asks me to I go here:
Rio Salado Sportsman Club

Nice range, covered benches, and only costs $7 for non members.

I agree. I feel as though sometimes I get in the way or slow things down when I am at a controlled range. Got one guy mad because the lingering smoke obscured his vision through his scope. I have just as much rite to be there as he does but sometimes the hassle just is not worth it. So I do all my BP shooting on private land.

HH 60

Dayton muzzle loader club range is ~6 miles from me, $24 a year. Really it's right in Mr. Boitnotts back yard. :thumbsup:

I take Venture Scouts out to shoot (no extra charge).

We shoot all year long unless there's a farmer in the field.

50 yards is the max distance (I can't see much past 25).

Back