• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheellock Project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings,
I just finished these this morning. It's been a fun journey.
Hank

Attachments

• 20240416_121207.jpg
    20240416_121207.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_122338.jpg
    20240416_122338.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_122324.jpg
    20240416_122324.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_122220.jpg
    20240416_122220.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240416_122448.jpg
    20240416_122448.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Hank.....I don't know how to say it with enough passion.......but you are a proven gunsmith of the ages.....extremely well done!!! So Proud!!! Now go out and video sparking a few iron pyrites against that pan, firing off a few volleys.....that way you have proofed your art!!!

Bless your heart … you’ve done work to rival the old masters!

BRAVO … you did exceptionally well, huzzah!
Greetings,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm not very good with computer stuff but if there's anything I can help with I'm more than happy to share information.
Hank

Hank.....I don't know how to say it with enough passion.......but you are a proven gunsmith of the ages.....extremely well done!!! So Proud!!! Now go out and video sparking a few iron pyrites against that pan, firing off a few volleys.....that way you have proofed your art!!!
Thank you very much. I plan to try to video. But for me I've had better luck figuring out 16th Centry Technology than 21st Century Electronics. 🤣 Hank

Hank:

There are some PHENOMENAL examples of inlay on this piece here to emulate!

https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/lot-480152.aspx

Examples:

View attachment 313127

View attachment 313129

I downloaded HUGE copies of the pictures in that link, as that is the level of work that I'll aspire to ... once retired that is!
Greetings Flint,
The works you have posted are truly fantastic. My next thought is something you've probably thought of but what I've found is that you shouldn't wait to do things you have a passion for. Time sneaks up on you and stuff you took for granted are now more difficult. Save a little time each day to practice. Like I say you're probably more than aware of this thought. I really enjoy your post of original works of Art. And it leaves me more impressed when I try to do it. Hank

Hank, the brace turned out fantastically! A true testament to the great craftsman that you are - you have incredible patience and tenacity. I can hardly wait for the video!!!

Curtis

See below … posting for the convenience of non-FB users.

View attachment 313487
Greetings, Thank you for putting Bolek's sketches on the Forum. It's good to see them. For me I can write an email and text but not a clue about face book or the other things. Again, Thank you. I really like having as much information as I can find. Hank

Hank: That brace of pistols are magnificent. I'm speechless. Some peoples brain to hand skills just amaze me.

Rick
Greetings,
Thank you very much for your kind thoughts and appreciate my efforts. And I must thank you for a photo of the Stands you used in a post about a "Mendi" lock/Wheellock Pistol that you and Flint were discussing. I studied your photo to make some for myself. Later,Hank

Hank,
I have never gone into how strips of bone were aooarently "bent" into curves like wire can be.
Maybe soaking in vinegar.....
At an opportune time, I would appreciate a brief explanation of such work!
On my own work, l have used inlays of orgnic and geometric form, but kept to wire for tightly curled inlays.

Thank you my friend,
Richard.

Back