• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whatever happened to Wild Bill's lock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmaser

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just an update on that percussion lock I made last week: It's still a work in progress. I put it on a plain piece of maple I had cut from a tree a couple of years ago along with double set trigger, .45 cal barrel, iron furnature, all hand made. The lines are reminiscent of a "Vincent" Ohio rifle crossbred with a "Leman" Lancaster.I intend to paint the stripes, ala Leman.
I took it out behind the shop and shot it today for the first time. Total cost: $0.00

vincentlockout.jpg
vincentout.jpg

WildBill, that's tremendous! Thanks for your posts- they keep me motivated.

The coolest tools are the ones you make yourself. Make good smoke!

:thumbsup:

Final update:
Wild Bill's lock has a home. This is the finished project. Overall it holds pretty true to Vincent form, with a few intentional deviations to satisfy the builder's own tastes. I did incur some cost upon completion of this project. I used four , store bought, wood screws at , say, $.25 / screw for a total cost of $1.00.
finishedvincent.jpg
vincentrtside.jpg
vincentltside.jpg

Latest posts

Back