• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

IT'S FREE TARGET STAND SEASON

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellow shooters, it's an election year, and no matter whom you support if anybody, it is true that ALL of us can stand to get a few target stands. (LOL get it? "Stand to get some stands.") IF NOT for personal use, good to have on hand if we participate in an organized shoot, OR if we want to put out road signs directing people to a muzzleloader function be it social or a shooting event.

WHAT pray tell are these?

WIRE CAMPAIGN SIGN SUPPORTS

Check with your local jurisdiction but where I reside the candidates are supposed to collect up their signs with 24 hours of the polls closing. AFTER THAT they are abandoned. NOW I'm not talking about signs on private property, but the signs along the roadway right-of-way.

We just did our primaries here in MARYLAND, and some of the signs are still up on the roadways.

NOW for targets, either taped, or for hanging holders that use clay pigeons, you want the wire holders that are
Π shaped as they tend to be the most robust in wire diameter. IF you think you would want to collect some to post signs directing folks to an event, then you can opt for a few that are the cheaper, weaker, Η shape.

ALSO, REMOVE the campaign signs from the wire supports and discard them. Don't post targets over them, for if you forget and leave such standing at the range, and your target falls off, you have left a candidate's campaign sign on a range, full of bullet holes. The police have better things to do than follow up some yahoo's complaint of finding such a campaign sign.... save yourself the hassle. ;)

Make your plans for the Thursday morning following this year's election day, and help to beautify your community by aiding the after-election-cleanup, and GET SOME FREE TARGET STANDS!

:thumb:

LD

Hello fellow shooters, it's an election year, and no matter whom you support if anybody, it is true that ALL of us can stand to get a few target stands. (LOL get it? "Stand to get some stands.") IF NOT for personal use, good to have on hand if we participate in an organized shoot, OR if we want to put out road signs directing people to a muzzleloader function be it social or a shooting event.

Check with your local jurisdiction but where I reside the candidates are supposed to collect up their signs with 24 hours of the polls closing. AFTER THAT they are abandoned. NOW I'm not talking about signs on private property, but the signs along the roadway right-of-way.

We just did our primaries here in MARYLAND, and some of the signs are still up on the roadways.

NOW for targets, either taped, or for hanging holders that use clay pigeons, you want the wire holders that are
Π shaped as they tend to be the most robust in wire diameter. IF you think you would want to collect some to post signs directing folks to an event, then you can opt for a few that are the cheaper, weaker, Η shape.

ALSO, REMOVE the campaign signs from the wire supports and discard them. Don't post targets over them, for if you forget and leave such standing at the range, and your target falls off, you have left a candidate's campaign sign on a range, full of bullet holes. The police have better things to do than follow up some yahoo's complaint of finding such a campaign sign.... save yourself the hassle. ;)

Make your plans for the Thursday morning following this year's election day, and help to beautify your community by aiding the after-election-cleanup, and GET SOME FREE TARGET STANDS!

LD
Brilliant!

That is a good idea. When I lived in the country and I had my own personal range and that is what I used. The shooting range I belong to now forbids them. But they do provide wooden target stands. Also no metal cans. They say it is because mowing the grass areas runs over the ones left behind. In other words,
10% of the members cause 90% of the problems.

Snakes aside, I've been doing this for awhile.
20240519_171852.jpg

LD
I

LD
Good tip LD, I always cabbage a few after elections. As stated, don't go into private property, but everywhere else is golden. I take signs and stands, aim for the O's !!

Coating the edges with "Never Seize", hot glue and razor blades, motion activated sprinklers where the hose has been charged with septic tank water, rigged with electric fence wire (hot), so on and so on. Not saying I've ever done this, just stuff I've heard of.

Let's not turn this into a free for all that'll earn warning points and shut down a useful thread.

I like the abandoned real-estate signs for target backer's and then pickup semi mudflaps along the road they are almost self healing
Fair warning; most realtor signs are on private property. That free sign could cost you $250 in most states.
It's not abandoned if the property is still under contract.
A coworker arrested a scrap metal thief when he saw the truck bed filled with metal signs. Truck was impounded, guy in jail for multiple counts of theft.

Fair warning; most realtor signs are on private property. That free sign could cost you $250 in most states.
It's not abandoned if the property is still under contract.
A coworker arrested a scrap metal thief when he saw the truck bed filled with metal signs. Truck was impounded, guy in jail for multiple counts of theft.
I was referring to the ones that are abandoned I have no problem finding multiple's at garage sales that were never picked up after the sale

Back