• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What size drum and thread needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how you can ‘ruin a good stock’ on a $150-$175 gun, if it had a good barrel. Your original plan by itself would have shortened your ‘good stock’.

Moving the barrel back the minimal amount to get the plug face in front of the drum hole will require bending the new breech plug tang, and also likely taking some metal off the top of the tang. Keep us posted.

Ya I’m done just screwed up the stock cutting it it blew out around the lock.I just thought it would be a nice poject but turned into a pail of manure.But I cant thank everyone enough for there time helping me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 59
That’s unfortunate. Can’t really see from your photo, but can the piece be glued back? Is it even necessary? Still a good learning project. Pieces of wood break off all the time. Sharp chisels, X-Acto Knives, small cuts and a little patience will get you there. As the old carpenters used to say, measure twice, cut once.

I thought of another solution to moving the barrel back and the stock fit issue. Find a piece or matching wood (beech for CVA). Cut it to match the grain orientation in the tang area. Remove the whole tang area from the original stock. Epoxy your patch to the top of the stock. Re inlet the tang in the new wood.

I have done this on antiques. IF you get it right it is nearly undetectable.

Back