• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What ML movie should be made now?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A more truthful, serious Jeremiah Johnson with better cinematography, realistic weapons and gear. No stuffed animals or Pedersoli Hawkens, nothing wrong with Pedersoli. A better musical score would be nice. The first one was great for the time but a serious remake would be awesome! I might even venture out to a movie house! lol

The Searchers, but with period correct costumes, firearms etc. Along with a story line better aligned with the actual Cynthia Parker story. It could incorporate the 1836 attack and the early Texas Rangers like RIP Ford and Jack Hayes etc...

I also think a realistic movie about the 1774 battle of Point Pleasant/ Kanawha river, or Lord Dunmore's war overall would be entertaining.

A realistic movie of Bunker Hill, Kings Mountain, or Cowpens would be nice too.
The "Serchers" remake sounds like a good one to do. My favorite all time western for a total remake with period correct clothes, firearms, and whatever else would be needed is "The big Country". But it would be impossible to replace Burl Ives, Chuck Connors, Gregory Peck, and Charlton Heston. That seen when Burl Ives crashed the ball and gave that speech about the country running red with blood "until there ain't none of us left" still blows my mind. Burl Ives won an Oscar for that movie. The storyline of that flick was really good.

I’d like to see more eastern long Hunter types. But as for a remake. Jeremiah Johnson with accurate rifle and more real life trapping stuff.

In 1588 or so, a swindler in England was selling basically a cruise to the new world to wealthy people who wanted to see it. The voyage ended in utmost comic disaster, with one poor fellow being shot in the rear end while being chased by the rest who ran out of food. I think the natives got them all in the end…. I think it happened in Nova Scotia or Labrador.

I think there's a lot of potential for a great movie or TV series based on the story of Thomas Isaac Cox. He was a Pennsylvania born American who moved to Louisiana in the 1760s and served in the Spanish Army in Texas, and was believed to have fought apaches with Bernando Galvez. When the Revolutionary war broke out he returned home and served as a captain in the continental army. There he made a proposal to General Charles Lee, to allow him to return to Spanish Texas and catch wild horses to bring back for the continental army. He and his five nephews left and captured a few hundred horses and brought them back to Pennsylvania. They were attacked in Oklahoma by natives and had to hide in a gulley. They returned and were sent back to get more. It made them quite a bit of money!
Long after the war in 1793 he made the trip one last time to catch more horses to bring east and sell, and his party was ambushed on the trip by Comanches. One of his nephews was killed in the ambush by a Comanche arrow. They made it east and found there wasn't the market they had planned and sold them off where they could.

Back