• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What are your favorite Thompson Center (T/C) Percussion guns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite is a Hawken I built from a kit that my brother found in my dad's closet when he went to assisted living.

I changed things around a bit and took off the excess wood. That place at the comb that looks like a dip is actually a grain swirl in the wood.

TC lock side.JPG

I dropped the comb and did away with the ugly TC cheek piece. I added a toe piece as well.

TC cheek side.JPG

What are your favorite Thompson Center (T/C) Muzzleloading percussion guns?

Mine are the Cherokee, Seneca, Pennsylvania Hunter and the Patriot Pistol. All fine shooters and fit me very good. I have a Hawken and others but these are the "best" in my opinion..
For me my 50 cal. Gray Hawk and my 36 cal. Seneca. The Gray Hawk is a deerslayer.

What are your favorite Thompson Center (T/C) Muzzleloading percussion guns?

Mine are the Cherokee, Seneca, Pennsylvania Hunter and the Patriot Pistol. All fine shooters and fit me very good. I have a Hawken and others but these are the "best" in my opinion..
i have to be honest. i like them all.ive got a couple of renegades for right now. both are a little bit different when it comes to shooting. each one has its own preference on the powder and patch. lol sometimes i think they change their mind what they like but a good possibly its the one that pulls the trigger that is causing all the issues. dang sure is hard taking the blame for the accuracy. reckon i need to keep on shooting

My TC Hawken will always remain precious in my heart as it was my first muzzle loader purchased around 1977
I bought my .50 caplock Hawken in 1976. I still have it and shoot it a few times each year. It is the first muzzleloader I ever owned, or shot for that matter. It holds a special place with me. It was the "gateway" muzzleloader that sent me on a path to addiction. I've since been compelled to spend considerable resources buying a "fix" from time to time. I'm now struggling with being a muzzleloading hoarder.

Last edited:
I really liked my 50cal White Mountain Carbine. Was such a light and nice looking gun. I just wish it had set triggers and some brass like the Hawkens do, I love how they look. I am also partial to the TC Cougar, almost bought one (special edition Hawken with staineless steel instead of brass)

I really like 45 caliber in general and thinking my next TC purchase would be a Hawken but I also like staying true to the 50 caliber as in "Jerimiah Johnson" :cool:

And then there is the Seneca and Cherokee... I am also in the market for a 36 (or smaller) caliber rifle for small game hunting due to state regulations, and was hoping to get a TC Cherokee in 36 cal, mostly due to it being a bit shorter length barrel than the Seneca, and I've always been partial to carbines

Maybe a 36cal TC Cherokee, a 50cal TC Hawken, and possibly 45 Seneca would be a nice compromise! :thumb:

View attachment 305794
View attachment 305793
Nice rifle. I love those handy little shooters.

Latest posts

Back