• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Vermont Round Ball Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Woke up at deer camp on opening morning of rifle season, and as always, I grabbed my 50 caliber Hawken and headed out into the hardwoods of Vermont. Needless to say I took my fair share of ribbing from the guys at camp but look who came back to camp with "the Bacon".
Definitely the best deer of my life to date.

Rackandguncopy.jpg

mocs1copy.jpg

:thumbsup: Congrats on a fine buck.Ya did well.What date was it taken,looks warm by the way you're dressed. :applause: Griz

An outstanding buck, terrific symmetry in that rack...and you did it like the settlers did it...Congratulations !!

:hatsoff:

Good goin' Mighty Oak! :hatsoff:
Them guys won't be ribbin' ya too much longer if you keep that up. :grin:

Hey Griz,
We had an unusually warm two weeks of rifle season here in Vt.
That picture was taken on opening weekend which was Nov. 13th and 14th. It was in the 50's that day.
Personally, "the colder the better" works for me but theres not much I can do but go out there and give it my best.

:hatsoff: MO thanks for the reply.Looked a little warm for Vermont that time of the yr.WELL,ya did your best and got your best.Congrats again.Griz

Back