• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20181119_122422.jpg
IMG_20181119_122548.jpg
Quite a few years ago I bought this HA underhammer for a relative and it's come back into my possession. The trigger sear(?) was broken and the gun would not stay cocked. I ordered two new triggers and springs and it works fine now but it's probably going to happen again. The half cock notch causes it. If you don't pull the trigger firmly all the way to the rear it will catch every single time. The trigger is cast and it just fractures off. The spur/sear is a really deep notch on the trigger - would you grind it off, try to find machined parts or what?

Personally I have ground it down some to make a smaller notch. I had the same issue of it breaking and broke a couple. Grinding down seems to have helped. The metal does seem brittle.YMMV.

I almost forgot, it was many years ago. I called Deer Creek and they sent me a new trigger & hammer free but that was back when they were selling H&A kits. They said that they had gotten a bach of triggers that were too hard and broke easy.

Back