• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

trigger adjustment on pedersoli jaeger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbhg

40 Cal.
Reaction score
i have a jaeger caplock ml from dgw, i would like to adjust the rear trigger, it is very heavy. i realize it is supposed to be, but it feels like its 20#. front trigger when set is nice and very light. can anyone help. i spose i could just call dgw and find out, but i thought id try someone here first. thanks.

Sometimes you can unscrew the rear spring hold
down screw just a bit..I taper file by rounding
not flattening the spring when it calls for that

I may be getting this wrong but on my Ped Jaeger the rear trigger is the set trigger, after this is set then the front hair trigger comes into play.

For reasons known only to Pedersoli and Lyamn the spring in their set triggers seem to be a severe case of overkill.

All the spring has to do is to propel the blade on the rear trigger into the sear arm with enough force to dislodge the sear nose from the tumbler.

As was mentioned, sometimes loosening the screw that holds the spring in place will reduce the pressure enough to make setting it easier.
The other method is to carefully file the thickness of the spring down.
If you file the spring, make all of the strokes in the long direction of the spring. Never file across its narrow direction.
Also, be careful with reducing the thickness as the force of the spring works as the cube of the thickness so, try reassembling and trying it often before reducing its thickness further.

zonie :)

Back