• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions smoothbore first range report

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got my traditions smoothbore build to the range today. Quite happy with the performance. shot flawlessly from the get go. No miss fires and no flash in the pan. On the target below (Shot at 50meters) the first shot was 60Gr of FF and a patched .535 round ball. Shot low.(also getting used to the sight picture, cheek weld). Second and third shots were 70gr FF and PRB.

IMG_4268.jpg

The next go was shot loads at 20 meters. First was 55 Gr FF and 7/8 oz. of #2 shot.
IMG_4269.jpg

Next was 55 Gr FF and 7/8 oz of # 6 shot.
IMG_4271.jpg

It was a fine sunny morning. I'm pretty happy with initial trials. looking forward to some more range days and some hunting!
IMG_4266.jpg

Fatboyz, It that the factory barrel, just bored smooth? If so, was the patent breech enlarged or bored out?

Very nice. Your smoothbore looks great. Can you tell us more about your it. I was unaware that Traditions made a smoothbore. Thanks and have fun.
I have a build thread on the builders forum. This was something I put together from kit pieces and a Colerain 28 gauge (54 cal) octagon to round (last 4") barrel.

Not bad at all but it only gets better the more you work with it. I like the gun for one reason or another and they are so very versatile.

Back