• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

To tack or not to tack, that is the question…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a range rod my friend!
On the bench? Isn't that a funnel at the end?

I borrowed a buddy's drop tube when shooting some CVAs for testing accuracy. It helped ignition and accuracy noticeably, especially on one gun that was what I called a skip shooter. It would skip every other ignition. I was impressed by how much it helped. Enough so, that I made one for myself.

Alas, my close vision isn't what it should be, so I was hampered by my inability to get an adequate rear sight for precision shooting and then the powder/primer shortages hit (first time way back when, not the most recent version). I quit shooting ML and when I started back again, I transitioned to shooting hunting guns with ghost rings and substitute powder as BP is not readily available in SW Idaho.

Last edited:

I borrowed a buddy's drop tube when shooting some CVAs for testing accuracy. It helped ignition and accuracy noticeably, especially on one gun that was what I called a skip shooter. It would skip every other ignition. I was impressed by how much it helped.
🤣 yes fellers that's my drop tube. Wasn just admiring my rifle.

Red bulls eye is 4 inch. Group way down there from 200 yards.

Attachments

• 123379735_10158096988897875_5114499789024780950_o.jpg
    123379735_10158096988897875_5114499789024780950_o.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 0
🤣 yes fellers that's my drop tube. Wasn just admiring my rifle.

Red bulls eye is 4 inch. Group way down there from 200 yards.
Oh, I noted the muzzle also. I am like old Col Whelan...rifles are only interesting to me if they are accurate, so I could tell you were doing some interesting things!

Have never tacked any of my ML. But I will say that if I were a youngster and inherited a ML from my dad or grandpa, and that ML had a tack in it for every big game critter it has killed over the many years, it would be awesome and I'd be very proud to hunt with that ML. Big time motivator and confidence builder.

I am truly surprised this garnered so much interest and so much negative. Your gun of course do with it what you want.
I see folks tie frizzen covers to their trigger guards. Or keep flash guards on their guns. I don’t like that, for me but doesn’t get a negative look for me.
You may get to recover an investment if you sell, but all and all even if you buy a two grand gun, tack it till brass is the only thing you see, and then sell it in five years for five hundred you haven’t lost any money, you just paid a few hundred dollars a year for your fun.
Lot cheaper then a weekend in Vegas or Disneyland
I used to let my brass tarnish, now I try to keep it shiny
I used to brown every barrel, now I try to have them in the white
Taste is taste….. and you must be crazy if yours aren’t just like mine😂

I borrowed a buddy's drop tube when shooting some CVAs for testing accuracy. It helped ignition and accuracy noticeably, especially on one gun that was what I called a skip shooter. It would skip every other ignition. I was impressed by how much it helped. Enough so, that I made one for myself.

Alas, my close vision isn't what it should be, so I was hampered by my inability to get an adequate rear sight for precision shooting and then the powder/primer shortages hit (first time way back when, not the most recent version). I quit shooting ML and when I started back again, I transitioned to shooting hunting guns with ghost rings and substitute powder as BP is not readily available in SW Idaho.
as BP is not readily available in SW Idaho. I'm betting they have the internet and shipping services in Idaho. I live in N E Wyoming and even here you can get black powder shipped right to my door.

Back