• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Things Happen !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made an order from Pecatonica River, they said they shipped order on July 5th. Turns out just a shipping label. I dislike being told one thing & it turns out to be another. So that was bad for me on the shipping because i had an out of State trip that had to be made. So the USPS is the carrier n so far its been like a monkey with a football. Pecatonica is 330 miles north of me in IL. i am in west Ky. few miles from Ohio river at Burna. It went to Elk Grove Village Dist. Center. Stayed there from the 8th til the 11th. Instead of sending it to Paduca, Ky. they sent it to Evansville In. According to USPS tracking it was suppose to be delivered this past Monday. Of course not much i can do about it but get bent by dealing with 2 different places. Neither cares one way or the other. I was going to order my build parts barrel lock n stock with just bbl. inletting done from Pecatonica. I have just changed my mind.

Can’t see how the bouncing around by USPS is Pecatonica’s fault. Good it shows up soon and in good shape.
No sir it isn't, i said they did not tell me the truth of when it was shipped. In my post they said July 5th. Not true they only had a label printed n it was not picked up until the 7th. I just was not happy to be lied to. Post Office in Smithland, Ky. is to hold it there for my in person pick-up. Way to much drugs n theft around me. I just got notified its out with mail rider for delivery. Well i hope they don't leave my kit sitting on door step.

No sir it isn't, i said they did not tell me the truth of when it was shipped. In my post they said July 5th. Not true they only had a label printed n it was not picked up until the 7th. I just was not happy to be lied to. Post Office in Smithland, Ky. is to hold it there for my in person pick-up. Way to much drugs n theft around me. I just got notified its out with mail rider for delivery. Well i hope they don't leave my kit sitting on door step.
That's normal.

Welcome to USPS
Had some stuff I ordered from a place in Texas got a notice from them that it had shipped got a notice from USPS it was delivered the next day. not likely, it showed up 2 weeks later.
I live in central Kentucky had an order that was coming from Idaho for some reason it went to Cleveland, Ohio from there it went to West Virginia and then Lexington, Ky. Then it was in Elizabethtown,, Ky getting close only 15 miles west of me. The next morning it was at my local post office. The next morning it was back in Elizabethtown from there it went to Louisville, Ky. It went back and forth between Elizabethtown and Louisville 2 more times. Then it went to Campbellsville which is 25 miles south of me. The next day it finally showed up at the local office and got delivered the next day.

USPS is an example of governments inability to do the job they are supposed to do.

A buddy of mine, also a forum member here, worked out a trade for a nice Fowler. He sent his gun to Texas from NY and it arrived there. The Texas gun was dropped at USPS, and then disappeared. Over a month later, it arrived in NY.

I bought an item from another forum and had a similar experience. Shipped from the Midwest. Showed it was received at the post office. It never showed that it left there. 2 weeks later, it arrived at my house. Should have been a 3 day trip but their system never showed an update in tracking from receipt at the sellers location. I don't use USPS for shipping anythin other than letters .

That’s how they do it. They do the label and then it goes. You need to unclench and stop seeing conspiracies that don’t exist. Really.

USPS is an example of governments inability to do the job they are supposed to do.

A buddy of mine, also a forum member here, worked out a trade for a nice Fowler. He sent his gun to Texas from NY and it arrived there. The Texas gun was dropped at USPS, and then disappeared. Over a month later, it arrived in NY.

I bought an item from another forum and had a similar experience. Shipped from the Midwest. Showed it was received at the post office. It never showed that it left there. 2 weeks later, it arrived at my house. Should have been a 3 day trip but their system never showed an update in tracking from receipt at the sellers location. I don't use USPS for shipping anythin other than letters .
At least they’re not going to go on strike and lose your stuff like ups. The Usps dues a good job. If I was sending a gun, I’d put an apple tag in with it

At least they’re not going to go on strike and lose your stuff like ups. The Usps dues a good job. If I was sending a gun, I’d put an apple tag in with it

That's actually a pretty good idea.

I had a package that scanned between two postal hubs on opposite ends of fhe state back and forth twice in a matter of hours. Unless they have implemented teleportation, there is reasonable assurance that the scans are bogus. I suspect this happens a lot when packages show scans bouncing around. I do know for a fact that rural contract delivery folks play shenanigans with scans when they have too many packages to fit in their for their vehicle on a particular day and we can blame the astronomical uptick in on-line shopping in the last couple of years for this.

Another example of the electronic world making "promises" the physical world cannot fulfill. It takes a full 2-3 days here when items are marked "delivered" to time they actually can be picked up at the USPS counter. Add in that technically, shippers responsibility ends when item is marked "delivered" and you may have the perfect storm. This is the double whammy when scum like porch pirates strike.

The label is made when the package is sealed and ready for transport. Some times it takes days.
Once it leaves the shipper, its USPS & the customer who have to figure where it went.
I had a guy in LA that had a package bounced between two post offices for 2 days.
I got a hold on it and picked it up on the 3rd day.

Got a package returned bad address. When I took the box a part there were Havana cigars in the box!.
It left here with auto parts in it. We sent them more parts, no one knows what happened to the smokes

Wife was in AZ caring for my late niece while she was fighting cancer. wife purchased a Laptop via inner web. she had to return home before it was delivered.
My brother took it to the local PO in Scottsdale where the PO clerk addressed the parcel.
that laptop circled the west coast and as far east as Iowa for 3 months! PO clerk put wrong zip on it. Brother finally got the grand pooba of the west to intercept it on it's 4th trip through the Scottsdale PO and assign it a proper zip.
i expected a box of parts when it finally got here. it was intact and she is using it right now!

I went to the Post Office this morning n asked for my pkg. The woman i had talked to Monday to hold it til i came in to get it. She looked at me & said your pkg. is not here, we gave it to the mail rider & it was delivered. So i asked where was it delivered ? She looked & said 707 Burna Ch. St. I said why you were told to hold it. Its not at my Bunker, she said we are out of this as it was delivered. So i came home n looked everywhere outside. Never found it, i was out in camper working on it & stood up looked out the window. I saw 2 little boys bout 5-8 one older than the other. They had a cardboard tube about 3' long dragging it through a mudhole n throwing it like a spear. I walked down there n it was my barrel. I did not say a word to them, i just showed them my name n address on it! It was not even Ins. a stroke of luck or more a Blessing was give unto me.

I am truly sorry for that delay. I've learned to go into the whole mail order process expecting the unexpected. As I write this I have three packages on the floor in front of me for return because of screw ups by UPS or the sender. Sometimes we have obligations and promised timelines that go awry, the fault of someone else, not us. Trouble is the nature of life, but we are called to be patient even when we are tossed aside by the system. I wish you the best in dealing with it.

Back