• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The best non BP choice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only sub I ever used is Pyrode P grade is a good match to goex and Scheutzen 3f. Used it one year when every supplier was out of powder. As ok as it was, I never used it again but not due to any prejudice.

Some of my family members shoot T7 and they like it.

It makes a difference. I have a few that perform best with T7 (accuracy and velocity) and some that are best with Pyro RS or P. One cap rifle is unreliable with T7 but totally reliable with Pyro P. I think you either use what you can get or you get more than one and figure out what works best.
🤣 ,
Wow, great advice.
You just basically said,, "your on your own, figure it out",,
Good stuff, thank's for sharing

For a caplock whatever you can find cheaply. Why not your gun is not original so why worry about the powder?

A flintlock however you will need some black for priming and as a starter in the bore under the newer stuff.

Have fun shooting is how I feel.

I know this is an older forum...but I'm newer to this site. I found this thread researching BP substitutes because real black is getting harder to find.

I agree with the earlier post about Shooters World multi purpose black. It likes to be compressed but works great!

Regarding those talking about Black MZ, yes it's gone now. But Shooters World is same manufacturing and same basic formula. I've read that they just started selling it under their own name now. I have both and the performance appears to be identical. That's good news for Black MZ fans.

Back