• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swampy's Handcrafted Holster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Just got a genuine Swampy's Handcrafted holster for my 1851 Navy. It's a crossdraw style and fits the Navy like a glove. I told Swampy I wanted to be able to sit down comfortably and not worry about stuffing it in the dirt while still being able to draw. He done good. :thumbsup:
I really like this holster. It looks great, fits great and is built very well. I've owned a bunch of different holsters for lots of pistols and revolvers but this one has got to be the best one I have ever had. I think it'll probably outlast the gun. I couldn't be happier with it. Makes the others seem like kids toys.
Thanks Swampy! :grin:

HPIM1681.jpg

HPIM1682.jpg

IMG_9632.jpg

Nice! A custom holster with an original look to it. :thumbsup: Good work, Swampy.

And Jethro, you look like yer gettin ready to skin that smokewagon. :grin: GW

Nothing like a form fitted slim holster for a side arm. You have a real gem there Jethro made by a real gem.

I don't like that holster and I told Jethro that! He doesn't care but it bugs me and I consider that one a "second". He asked me to slightly modify my pattern which I did but in doing so, I didn't realize it put the welt closer to the end of the barrel and I never gave it a thought...but on this one the welt is in the way and prevents the gun from entering all the way into the holster. If you look close the trigger guard sticks up about 1/4" higher than it should now. :( He don't care but it bugs the hell out of me. I need to alter the welt or add 1/4" to future holsters lengths...

But I'm glad its what you wanted for the most part and should serve you well for a long time. :thumbsup:

....what you wanted for the most part

It's even better than what I wanted. Believe me when I say this holster is waaayyy better than any holster I have ever owned before.
The 1/4 inch in front of the trigger guard doesn't bother me one bit!

Second...??? Pffftttt! :youcrazy:
I like it! :thumbsup:

BTW Swampy, I think the color looks great with my grips.

Great looking rig! I really like the high crossdraw, that would great driven a stage coach or your pickup. :thumbsup:

So what do we call this? An extreme cross draw?

If I drank a lot of beer you could call it a "concealed crossdraw". :haha:

I really like the high crossdraw, that would great driven a stage coach or your pickup.

Yep, you wouldn't even hafta draw it at all to "deter" carjackers or highwaymen.

:hmm: Would be easy to draw under the table too. Maybe, if it needs a name, call it a "5th Ace" or an "Ace in the Hole"???

Would be easy to draw under the table too. Maybe, if it needs a name, call it a "5th Ace" or an "Ace in the Hole"???

LOL, How about "Cheaters Surprise"?

Swampy said:
"call it a "5th Ace" or an "Ace in the Hole"???

Either one is fine with me, choose one. :thumbsup:

Guess it depends on who's doin' the cheatin'... :haha:

I ain't much good at cheatin' so I s'pose I'd call it an Ace in the Hole.

Back