• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel season extended

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvbuckbuster

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here in WV our squirrel season has been extended to end of Feb. This is about a month more than what has been allowed in the past. I have enjoyed going out in Jan. after all the deer seasons have closed looking for squaks so now it can be done a little longer. How long does the season last in other states? Dan.

In Kentucky we have a month of spring squirrel about middle of May to middle of June. Fall squirrel is middle of August to the end of February, except it is closed the first three days of modern gun deer season. Daily limit of 6, possession of 12.

Spence

Squirrel season copied out of the Arizona Game & Fish regulations:

Sep 30 - Dec 31, 2016 (6,15,22) Open areas Statewide (excluding for National Wildlife
Refuges and Unit 11M) Any tree squirrel except the Mount Graham red squirrel
Jul 1, 2016- Jun 30, 2017 31 Tassel-eared tree squirrel
Sep 1, 2016- May 31, 2017

There are a couple of special slingshot and archery seasons too but seeing as how this is a muzzleloading forum, I didn't include them.

End of January up in Ohio. Early season is tough because it's too hot and the leaves are so thick. End of season food is so scarce.

Ok, I'm done whining now.

NYS - grey, black and fox squirrel 9/01 through 2/28 (Long Island: 11/01 - 2/28) .

Red squirrel - all year (no season, no limit). Apparantly the lawmakers have also had to sit in a blind being scolded by a red squirrel that won't leave or shut up. Stupid little noisy beggars.

Sept. 20th - December 15th here in SE Ontario. Daily limit of 10. :shocked2:

I'd rather it be a daily limit of 3 or 4 and a much longer season.

Red squirrel - all year (no season, no limit). Apparantly the lawmakers have also had to sit in a blind being scolded by a red squirrel that won't leave or shut up. Stupid little noisy beggars.[/quote]

They might be an aggravation but OTOH, they taste like squirrel, LOL.......robin :rotf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sept. 3rd 'til Feb. 28th here. plus spring season June 3rd 'til 17th.

Latest posts

Back