• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sonny from Vincennes IN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked at Boeing St. Louis for 46 years 4 months. I have been interested in firearms most of my life. I have taught firearm classes for 50 years including muzzle loading firearms. I am very interested ballistics and chronograph the velocities. I use the Oehler Ballistic Explorer program to calculate bullet (ball) traces and use the Oehler 35P chronograph to measure the velocities. I enjoy working with the muzzle loaders trying to make them shoot better. I have worked out a process for RANGE use to get a very small standard deviation (under 10 fps). The loading process would be different for a FIELD application but less accurate. My last velocity test (10 shots) the standard deviation was 9 fps. I feel very confident in the average MV and will use it to calculate the bullet (ball) trace. I am just interested in and enjoy guns old or new.
There's a big Boeing copter plant near me in PA. Once there was a copter- building plant just down the road, Vertol (Piasecki) Company. Not far from that was a shop that made Artillery Shells- they would be sent out to be loaded elsewhere. Now that small industrial plant makes Railroad car wheels. In the sixties, a pal worked at a plant called Mercury Machine, and they made trigger guards for the M-14, among other stuff.

Yes -- Boeing is world wide. The only state that does not have a Boeing factory is Illinois. That is where the world headquarters is. People complained that Boeing headquarters favored the Seattle factory. So the headquarters moved to Illinois. I had a very interesting career at Boeing. From the first day to retirement I got to see and do things that I could not believe. Thank you for the welcome and I am glad I joined the group.

Welcome from the Catskills. Used to live out you way in Robinson, IL. Is Montana Mike's still open?
I have been through Robinson at few times. I grew up in Bridgeport Il. I felt there was nothing for me in Bridgeport after high school. So I went up to Chicago to school and then to McDonnell Aircraft for work. McDonnell went to McDonnell Douglas then to Boeing. Now I am retired and enjoying life. I am a member of two gun clubs and shoot as much as I can. I can only shoot three boxes of shotgun shells but I have fun. Have a good day.
Well brother, you are certainly ahead of my pay grade on all the technical stuff. Welcome to the forum from Tennessee. I'm sure you will make some good contributions.

I have been through Robinson at few times. I grew up in Bridgeport Il. I felt there was nothing for me in Bridgeport after high school. So I went up to Chicago to school and then to McDonnell Aircraft for work. McDonnell went to McDonnell Douglas then to Boeing. Now I am retired and enjoying life. I am a member of two gun clubs and shoot as much as I can. I can only shoot three boxes of shotgun shells but I have fun. Have a good

Well brother, you are certainly ahead of my pay grade on all the technical stuff. Welcome to the forum from Tennessee. I'm sure you will make some good contributions.
If you have any questions I be happy to help. Have a good day.

Welcome from madison Indiana. Spent a year there 77-78 at Vincennes University after getting out of service. Worked for Dale and Shirley Cardinal at the old Northside Package Store. Good times! Love the GRC National monument

Thank you for the welcome. The NPS has done a great job developing the historic site. I have visited the site several times. One of the interpreter did a fine job of showing the importance of Vincennes. There is a fine WW2 museum on the west side of Vincennes.

Back