• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Something to hunt this deer season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pictures from mid-August, wooded mountains of SW Virginia. This old M80 blackflash is about 5 years old, and only 5mp.
PICT0131.jpg
[/url][/img]

I have another camera nearby that had photos of these guys and another taller wider 8 on the same day, but some knucklehead deleted all of those images.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Excess...that is one really dandy 8 pointer!

I'm not big into scoring deer for the purposes of putting them in "the book." But I sure like scores to get an idea of what a person is talking about when they say they shot an "x" pointer. There are two 8's in the photos, but what a difference between the two. Scores are not "derogatory" to the animal, as I've had some people tell me...they are simply something that allows one to visualize the rack without a picture. At least that's the way I use them.

Here's a few pics from August/Sept:

Now, I'm not a fan of coyotes and this one must know it! Is he leaving me a message??? :grin:

29720626207_0f9f1af69d_k.jpg

A pretty nice 9 pointer:

29720623277_2f3ab5a976_k.jpg

A tad blurry, but an updated photo of the "Kick Stand" buck:

43920111694_5d21bf27d7_k.jpg

Anyone else notice that especially the larger bucks are shedding velvet late this year? Usually by the end of the 1st week of September, virtually all of our bucks are hard antlered...this year it's virtually none of them

44658801471_a0df3c5a3e_k.jpg

Bachelor groups should be ending pretty soon:

44638175261_d9d7d8900e_k.jpg

Bow season opened here last weekend....well into the 80's with humidity to match...I'll wait until it cools down!

Great looking bucks Mike .

I hope you get a shot at ol’ kickstand.

I’d like to see him up close beside a couple more you’ve taken.

Great Habitat makes for great bucks.

Good Luck too ya’

I pulled out my longbow and started shooting a couple months back.

First time shooting a bow in twenty plus years.... kinda’ like fallin’ off a horse ain’t it? LOL

Good Shootin’

I caught this Guy out eating a little grass just up the road from my place,1/2 mile or so away.

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

He’s not a “Monster Buck” or even close , but he’s still a good buck for this area.

He looks like a "shooter" to me.

I just checked my cameras again this past weekend. There wasn't a decent buck to be seen since September 2nd! What I did see was several different bears, a bobcat, coyote, and several instances of two different dogs running deer (videos). :cursing:

Back