• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoked salmon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nifeman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Y'all, a friend of mine went to NY (Pulaski) last week and got a couple of salmon. He brought me some filets to smoke on Wed. Well, 9 hrs after putting them in, this is some of what I ended up with. Wish you could taste them...Bud

Smoked salmon is one of the finer things in life! Come to think of it, just about anything coming out of the smoker ranks mighty high on the list of favorite things to put in my mouth. :hatsoff:

Thanks fellas, simple salt water and brown sugar brine, smoked with red oak at about 120-130 degrees. Didn't mind the time, did it wile I was in my shop makin' rings fer Miss Tudy...Bud

Preacher Jeremy said:
Come to think of it, just about anything coming out of the smoker ranks mighty high on the list of favorite things to put in my mouth. :hatsoff:

As a mover I can tell you the yellow jackets that seem to love living in old smokers, are NOT! mighty high on the list of favorite things.

Other than that I think you are right. :grin: And now you know why your mover kicks your smoker before he picks it up :rotf:

Sean Gadhar said:
As a mover I can tell you the yellow jackets that seem to love living in old smokers, are NOT! mighty high on the list of favorite things.

Ah, come on...when's smoked yeller jacket not been a good thing? :wink: :haha:

I know from experience that a piece or 2 of smoked salmon and a large bowl of buttered and peppered grits will hold a feller a long time.
looks mighty tasty

I mean this in the nicest way, truly... Damn you, and your camera!

I know from experience that a few slices of that on a bagel with cream cheese (make it two!) and a cup (or two) of fresh-ground Columbian coffee will satisfy a man for some time.

And THAT's (small bagels with whipped cream cheese and Nova Scotia lox) is what I had for breakfast! Yummmy...

Love grilled salmon on a sweet wood fire.

Back