• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Slo-mo Birdshot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is difficult to tell how far that fiber wad travels with the shot string. I have patterned my smooth bore at various distances with and with out fiber wads. At 20 yards I am not seeing anything but shot on the paper so I assume the wad is falling shortly before it gets there.

I think you're right. I think the wad must fall away pretty quickly, distance wise. I wish there was some sort of scale on the video.

The thing that I found interesting is how much shot is behind the wad and around the wad as it flew. Since the wad weighs so much more than any individual piece of shot, it maintains its speed longer, even with its lack of aerodynamics.

Latest posts

Back