• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sight setups?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the options on sights for revolvers. This month our club had a cap and ball revolver shoot. I have a Pietta target model 1858, my front sight was hard focus to, was a bit fuzzy
No option to move them here.

garra said:
What are the options on sights for revolvers. This month our club had a cap and ball revolver shoot. I have a Pietta target model 1858, my front sight was hard focus to, was a bit fuzzy
No option to move them here.

The Merit sight discs that fit on your eyeglasses will work just fine. They are expensive but there are lower priced competing models available. Or, you could make your own. They are legal in competition because they are not an optical sight on the rifle/pistol. Or just grow longer arms. :rotf:

I have one of ther Merit optical devices that Rifleman spoke of and it is a very good device but like he said, it is a bit pricy. Before I got the Merit device, I used a piece of electrical tape with a pinhole in it stuck on my glasses. You will have to experiment with the size of the pin hole until you find a size that works for you. The next thing is to find the best placement of it on your glasses. Once you have the hole right and the placement right, it works wonderfully and your sights will be very clear. :thumbsup:

Bill,

I do the same. I burned the hole in the tape with a fine hot wire.
I used to use a card with a hole in it, pushed up under my hat, as I don't like glasses, but that takes more fiddling to get it right.

I made a few extra tape bits with pin-holes in, and stick them back on the roll for spares.
It Does work and really cleans up the sight picture.

Richard.

RJDH said:
... as I don't like glasses, ...

Gosh, Richard, I strongly urge you to always wear safety glasses when you are shooting a gun of any kind. Safety glasses and hearing protection should be an essential part of your basic kit. Please be safe and protect your eyes and ears.

Billnpatti said:
RJDH said:
... as I don't like glasses, ...

Gosh, Richard, I strongly urge you to always wear safety glasses when you are shooting a gun of any kind. Safety glasses and hearing protection should be an essential part of your basic kit. Please be safe and protect your eyes and ears.

Especially MLs that tend to blow back in your face when fired. A little cap fragment would all it would take.

And if you don't regularly wear hearing protection, you will end up like me in old age asking "what, who, etc" and also probably spending $4000-$5000 on hearing aids to be able to understand your grandkids and wife. The wife one may not be important to some, but don't miss out with the grandkids.

I did not lose one eye because I had glasses as a kid and got my glasses broken by a bb gun, but no eye injury.

Back