• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Showing off a little.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Striking wood, good shooting too, and it will only get better. It's a shame all our ash was killed off here years ago by the borer, nothing left now but suckers. What's your load if you don't mind me asking?
Well I got it back out today for some more experimenting. I’ve settled on 20 grain of 3F, really thin patch. Closer to .05 than .010 thin. 445 cast ball, spit lube, and no wiping between shots. Gonna have to take a little off the front sight, but I’ll do some offhand shooting with it first. I did have to adjust the rear sight to get it centered. 25 yards. I like to do 5 or 6 shot groups to rule out flyers and my error. This is a 6 shot group.

Attachments

• IMG_3477.jpeg
    IMG_3477.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3476.jpeg
    IMG_3476.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Well I got it back out today for some more experimenting. I’ve settled on 20 grain of 3F, really thin patch. Closer to .05 than .010 thin. 445 cast ball, spit lube, and no wiping between shots. Gonna have to take a little off the front sight, but I’ll do some offhand shooting with it first. I did have to adjust the rear sight to get it centered. 25 yards. I like to do 5 or 6 shot groups to rule out flyers and my error. This is a 6 shot group.
If you don't have a reinforcing rod running up the grip from the butt to the tang be very careful about using a loading stand as this is what breaks the Patriot stocks regularly.
It will break both of our hearts if this happens to that beauty!

Back