• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

short and soft firing cones

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The soft original Uberti cones were replaced with TOW hard but too short to make ignition cones.
Everything went into the "don't work" pile and a brand new set of Slixshot nipples are here and ready to be installed.
Right now i am up to my ears on an unmentionable project but I will get around to in in the next week or so,
holding center
Making smoke
Bunk

The soft original Uberti cones were replaced with TOW hard but too short to make ignition cones.
Everything went into the "don't work" pile and a brand new set of Slixshot nipples are here and ready to be installed.
Right now i am up to my ears on an unmentionable project but I will get around to in in the next week or so,
holding center
Making smoke
Bunk
You'll love the Slix Shot nipples, Bunk. I installed them on my Ruger NMA a few years ago and they turned it into a 100% reliable shooter with #11 caps. Neither the original nor Uncle Mike's replacement nipples shot worth a tinker's dam in that pistol, but the Slix Shots are perfection itself.

You'll love the Slix Shot nipples, Bunk. I installed them on my Ruger NMA a few years ago and they turned it into a 100% reliable shooter with #11 caps. Neither the original nor Uncle Mike's replacement nipples shot worth a tinker's dam in that pistol, but the Slix Shots are perfection itself.
Admittedly I have an embarrassingly large number of C&B revolvers. With the exception of two all are fitted with Slixshot nipples. One is an ancient 1851 Navy that datees back tothe days corrosive caps. The other is a Uberti 1862 Police I just seldom shoot.
Slixshot are the only way to go for reliability.
Have fun
Bunk

Bunk you should never be embarrassed about the number of guns(especially c&b) you own, be justifiably proud. I'm limited in NYS because they have to be on my pistol permit.

Bunk you should never be embarrassed about the number of guns(especially c&b) you own, be justifiably proud. I'm limited in NYS because they have to be on my pistol permit.
some where in this forum is a post about snubbies and a picture of some of them.
Ya gotta love them
Bunk.

Fortunately my Grandfather had the good sense to move from White Plains NY to Texas
Bunk
Slixshots installed with a dab of never size compound on the threads.
Now as soon as the "low pressure steam" as Mark Novak calls the outside air we have here in central Texas the smoke will commence.
Right now the sauna conditions limit activity only in the shop with /c
Planning to make smoke
Bunk

I stole that one from Mark, too. I'm a little south of you in the green cedar hell of the Hill Country, we're finally out of the drought period and back to rain and real hot summers.

I stole that one from Mark, too. I'm a little south of you in the green cedar hell of the Hill Country, we're finally out of the drought period and back to rain and real hot summers.
actually I am in the live oak part of Fayette county very few cedar plenty of mesquite,
But it is hot here too.

Back