• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seattle Area Black Powder?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Helweg

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Who sells real black powder in the Seattle area?

I have a short order request since someone is loading up an empty pickup truck on the marine highway ferry Friday the 29th of January. No one sells real black powder in Juneau so this is a rare chance to get stuff up here.

Karl Helweg said:
Who sells real black powder in the Seattle area?

I have a short order request since someone is loading up an empty pickup truck on the marine highway ferry Friday the 29th of January. No one sells real black powder in Juneau so this is a rare chance to get stuff up here.

Its a hair south, and I would call 1st, but I understand that Cabela's (in Lacey, Wa) carries the stuff behind the counter....
I live in N Oregon so thats all I could guess at... :hatsoff:

Ah man..... Don't let anyone see this post about the ferry. Just pull it down and save yourself the court time.

You don't even want to think about what will happen if one of those highly trained security dogs alerts on your truck. :shocked2:

I have brought it before and the ferry folks were happy to just put an ammo sticker in the windshield.

Wow. The Homeland Security folks I talked to considered it a real serious no-no. I'm hoping something has changed and the ferry folks down there have got it right. It sure would be nice!

BTW- There would almost have to be a closer source, but The Hawken Shop (Greene's Gun Shop) on Monkey Hill Road just past Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island has it. Call first to check on their supplies: 1-800-450-7111 or 1-360-679-4657.

Clarification:

Christine has made it illegal 5 or more pounds of real black. So we cant get it brought by ground carriers.

Businesses have to get a explosives permit to store real black.

So far we only know of two shops in Portland that still sell it.

South of Portland you've got The Gun Works in Springfield on the edge of Eugene.

I've never explored for shops while passing through Portland. Which ones are you referring to? I try to keep them in a mental file for my travels. Never know what kind of good stuff you'll find just by dropping in.

Muzzleloading and More in Corbett, east of Portland also sells Goex. A couple of month ago I got a pound for $17.

The "Powder Horn" in Forest Grove, west of Portland is worth the stop. Has ample supplies and real black. 503-357-4570

Back