• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder and Guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flembo

32 Cal
Reaction score
I posted this on the Percussion page by mistake.
I ordered 5 lbs of Black Powder from Buffalo Arms before Thanksgiving and received word it shipped on Dec 9 and was due here yesterday, Dec 15. Well, it was a no show so I tracked it and it appears to be stuck in Iowa. I since heard this morning that there were bad storms, tornadoes and much damage in Iowa yesterday, so I guess my late delivery is minor compared to folks who have lost homes, businesses and perhaps loved ones. My prayers go out to those folks affected. I also am waiting on a Kibler SMR that shipped on the 3rd and was held up in Warrenton Pennsylvania on Friday. So, I wonder if there were bad storms in that area as well. I don’t want to bother Laurie again as I am sure there is nothing she can do she already helped me last week by finding out where it was. It will get here when it gets here it isn’t like it is the O- Ring for my Grandmothers Iron lung.

Slow shipping has been a problem lately. I have had several packages get turned the wrong direction or flat stopped for a few days. UPS has been good, post office and FedEx not so much.

Unfortunately, as I understand it Fedex Ground is the only shipper who will accept black powder. I just had a delivery of it arrive today from Buffalo Arms. It showed up 2 days late. Fedex used to be a very reliable carrier, but not anymore.

I'm generally not concerned if something arrives a little late, but when it's stuff like powder, guns, or ammunition I start getting a little antsy.

A lot of the problem with our hobby and ordering is a probable shortage of transport and terrible weather across the country. Not anybody's intention but that's just the way lit is right now. Patience will keep us sane.

Unfortunately, as I understand it Fedex Ground is the only shipper who will accept black powder. I just had a delivery of it arrive today from Buffalo Arms. It showed up 2 days late. Fedex used to be a very reliable carrier, but not anymore.

I'm generally not concerned if something arrives a little late, but when it's stuff like powder, guns, or ammunition I start getting a little antsy.
You may have seen where a Fed Ex driver dumped hundreds of packages in the woods because he didn't feel like delivering them. Was on the nat'l. news. He didn't steal anything, just dumped 'em. Boy you can't get good help anymore!

Same for me last time I ordered #11 caps from Buffalo Arms. Funny thing is the uneasiness isn't about the money but rather the fact that the caps couldn't be replaced.

Didn't realize FedEx ground was the only one handling these shipments. I just assumed FedEx was the preferred service for Buffalo Arms. I was thinking the last time I ordered powder from Grafs it came via UPS but that was 8 months ago or so and things seem to have gotten worse.

Interesting, apparently wherever I read about FedEx Ground being the only carrier was wrong.

I wish they would use UPS, FedEx is a mess. I had to ship a laptop overnight for work a few months ago and used them. And of course, it showed up late.

Good news is Powder is pouring again. Now we need a major BP brand to
cut prices to keep the others in line. Whenever there is a shortage the
producers Jack the prices and keep them high. To offset that ,a quality
powder at a pre-pandemic price would be nice.

Well it could be something as crazy/lazy as this. The only good if there is one, is the drive didn't steal them!
20211217_082309.jpg

I also was one who buried Buffalo Arms in orders. They were limited to how much they can ship each day. Once my turn came around, FedEx gave me the email expected delivery date. Then changed it the next day and delivered sooner than the first email date estimate.

We have had nothing but great and speedy delivery this season from FedEx, UPS, USPS, and a contracted service delivering on weekends both UPS and FedEx packages at the same time. We are a little unincorporated community in central IL. None of the delay problems we had last year.

I ordered powder twice in November. Tha kfully both showed up exactly on time(actually one was early). This time of year every order on earth is in the maelstrom of holiday packages and subject to delays. We were lucky enough to get Christmas ordering done early, and still be able to afford powder around the same time.

I hope your powder and Kibler make it soon. FedEx is the most slapdash of shipping companies on earth as well. Glad they ship powder, but that is the only pro to the many cons of FedEx.

every shipment i have received via any transport from a supplier north of the Mason Dixon has been on time or early.
every one from south of the MD line has been delayed sometimes a week, especially if it goes through KC.
I don't order from Midway if i need something right away.

Slow shipping has been a problem lately. I have had several packages get turned the wrong direction or flat stopped for a few days. UPS has been good, post office and FedEx not so much.
unfortunately I recently had to have Covid meds shipped and time was of the essence. They were shipped overnight FedEX and arrived two days late. Quite possible the reason that I ended up in the hospital. Just got out yesterday and will be on oxygen for foreseeable future. Can't help but wonder if the 2 days would have made a big difference.

unfortunately I recently had to have Covid meds shipped and time was of the essence. They were shipped overnight FedEX and arrived two days late. Quite possible the reason that I ended up in the hospital. Just got out yesterday and will be on oxygen for foreseeable future. Can't help but wonder if the 2 days would have made a big difference.
you sir have my deepest condolence's on the kung fu flu pneumonia. i had it in late August and was in hospital for 21 days. I am still struggling with the after effects.
don't rush to be free of the O2 tether. your tissues need that precious nutrient. you will get better.
best of recovery to you.
wouldn't wish the experience on my worst enemy.

you sir have my deepest condolence's on the kung fu flu pneumonia. i had it in late August and was in hospital for 21 days. I am still struggling with the after effects.
don't rush to be free of the O2 tether. your tissues need that precious nutrient. you will get better.
best of recovery to you.
wouldn't wish the experience on my worst enemy.
Thank you. Afraid the tether is long term. If I take it off long enough to wash my face and brush my teeth then the OX level drops enough that if I was in the hospital, they would shove my in ICU. I am married however, so my overseer will strictly enforce compliance. She's afraid I'll die and she won't anybody to torture!

Back