• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Search... for war clubs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50cal.cliff

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I know there was some pics on here a couple of years ago or more or some war clubs someone had made. I had a picture of one of the ball war clubs had an Indian face. If I remember right it was painted black and red.
However when I try to do a search the search feature locks into anything about muzzle loading clubs and nothing for war clubs.
Anyone got the pics I am talking of or know the thread I am referring too???? I can't remember the member of the forum who made this ball war club so can't search that way either!

It might be one of the links I've shown below.

Since this is in the "Using the Forum" area I'll mention a few things about our search engine.

Using the Advanced Search method:

First off, it doesn't like words with 3 or fewer letters in them.

If you type war club into it, it will see the three letter word, war, and tell you to buzz off (in so many words) without even looking at the four letter word club.

The trick here is to put your search word(s) inside quote marks like this, "war club".

When you do that, the search engine looks at the two words as being one big word that has more letters than 3 so it will go search for them.

The thing to keep in mind with this is if you put the words "war club" in the quotes and the post you are looking for uses the word "warclub" it might not match what the search engine is looking for so it won't mention that it exists.

Also, it is sometimes helpful to click on one of the buttons that tells the computer to search only the "Search in Subject" area button.
This is the title of the topic and using this can eliminate a lot of posts where someone just mentions the exact words your looking for but the topic is about something entirely different.

Also, don't forget that in searches like this one where the subject that is being looked for is over a year old, you must poke the Match Posts Made button so it is looking for posts made one year or older. The Search default is for posts made less than a year ago.

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/225224/post/617396/fromsearch/1/
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/...225004/post/615123/hl/"war+club"/fromsearch/1/

Last edited by a moderator:
The search engine will not look for a single three-letter word.

It will, however, search for for WAR CLUB even without the quote marks. But, without the quote marks, it will return results that have either War or CLUB, but not necessarily both words.

Quote marks tell the engine to search for the phrase within the marks. You can even use quote marks with Quick Search. It doesn't have to be advanced.

Thank you both for the info on the search engine.

None of those were the war club I am thinking of but, there is some good info and pics there!

It was kind of like a walk thru the past. There are some names on those threads I haven't seen for a while!

The one I am thinking of was made and posted by a member on this forum. After Zonie and Claude told me "how to" on using search feature.
I think I may have found the post that the picture was in. Anyway while I was making taking that walk thru the past and looking at some of the old posts and old members names. I had that aha moment!

I want to say it may have been posted by a member who used the screen name of "Pichou"! He is still listed as a member but hasn't posted since some time in 2011 and what I think may have been the picture of the ball headed war club that I am thinking of has been moved or deleted from Photobucket.
I had that picture for a long time and have no idea how I ended up losing it but I remember the face on that war club looked as if it were about to speak!!

for examples of originals see the links below:
Splendid Heritage
Leave all as the default search except change the Categories section to "Club" and then click on Display button. Thumbnails will appear in the lower left - scroll down and click on any thumbnail for details.

AMerican Museum of Natrural Hostiry
In the search Box type Club and leave the rest as is unless you want to refine it with the other choices such as tribe and area

Hope that helps - if Pichou made a copy of a warclub it would have been based on and original.
Here's also Pichou's old website that may help....

Back