• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

scratch built

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zonie said:
I am not sure what will be done with this "more universal understanding" or what issue it will settle, but I wish you well in your endeavor. :)

It's for simple clarity of communication. That's why we have dictionaries. I recall quite the "issue" that arose when president Clinton said "I did not have sex with that girl". Why did it cause an issue?, because there is a "universal understanding" of the meaning of the word "sex" and Billy decided to apply his own meaning. Not all that long ago there was a discussion on this very board regarding the proper definition of "traditional" as it is applied to muzzleloaders. Why?, so when the word "traditional" is used pertaining to muzzleloaders, everyone knows exactly what it refers to. I guess its kinda like if I were to build a .45 cal. rifle with GS mounts and fancy patch box and call it a "french fusil" because I decided I can define a "french fusil" anyway I want. If everyone applied their own definition to "french fusil" the term would become pretty useless, much like the term "scratch built" is today IMO. It means so many things to so many people that it ends up meaning nothing. I hope all that helps you understand why I started this thread

Cody

when i sand wood the dust makes me itch and i have to scratch...would that be scratch built ? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

With a label such as "scratch built" there's a good chance the problem might not be the definition.

Latest posts

Back