• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

saw handle pistol pattern

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayb

40 Cal.
Reaction score
was digging in stuff that had been in storage for last 19 or so years. I have 2 breeched 40 cal pistol barrels, a davis right hand flintlock, and a left hand percussion lock by same maker. I was overseas when i got these, the idea was to make a pair more or less, right hand flintlock for me and left hand percussion for the ms., same caliber, patching, ball size, etc. The ms is long gone & i still have the parts

What i wanted to try was a saw handle type pistol. I have 1 example in my collection, but it was build as a more or less modern target shooter (although it is a flintlock). I'd like to see some other options.

Is there a good set of patterns somewhere that anyone can recommend? I can look at books and try to work something out, build a pine blank to get the feel of it and work out the dimensions, but a pattern with measurements would sure help. i have a book somewhere about dueling pistols that had some pictures, but it's still packed away somewhere. There may be some ideas in there.

Any ideas or suggestions? Obviously i'm not in too big a hurry ::

rayb

Bill Newton has a percussion version in his "Antique Flintlock And Percussion Pistol Patterns" booklet. Not dimentioned drawings, just a side and top view with a couple of detail drawings.
I'm building one now that is a mix of things that I like from different guns.

Back