• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What kind of repro is this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bit confused on this. I am a reenactor and was gifted this by a fellow reenactor who is no longer in the hobby. I’ve done Civil War for years, so, naturally, I am only used to percussion cap muskets and pistols. In any case, I have been thinking of getting into more 18th/early 19th century stuff, but I want to know more about this particular pistol and flintlocks in general before I go using it.

She said it belonged to her husband who is now passed on, so she did not remember the exact calibre. My knowledge of flintlocks is limited, but what strikes me as odd is that it seems to have an English style pattern stock. But then on the plate itself you can clearly see “US” and the eagle. Weird. I’ve never seen that. I’ve seen Harpers Ferry pistols with that, but never have I seen them with the style stock it has. I’ve looked online for hours and I still can’t seem to find anything identical. Any ideas? This thing seems like it would be an incredibly common repro, but thus far, I have found nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_2797.jpeg
    IMG_2797.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2795.jpeg
    IMG_2795.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2798.jpeg
    IMG_2798.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looks like a Harpers Ferry to me. Just whoever made it didn't follow the original pattern stock close. Lots of the early reproduction pistol makers took some liberties with their work.

Looks like a Harpers Ferry to me. Just whoever made it didn't follow the original pattern stock close. Lots of the early reproduction pistol makers took some liberties with their work.
Thank you! I had a feeling. But would this be a dragoon pistol? The length seems a bit longer than other flintlock pistols that I have seen.

Latest posts

Back