• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roe over snow!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Last night we got the first snow here in the bavarian mountians up from 900 m. So my hunting area was nicely white. It snowed about 4'', most of the snow was on the fields and clearings in the forest. So I went out this evening to my baiting in a tree stand. At about 06:00 p.m. two roe deer were moving over the clearing to the baiting. The first one, I guess a doe, stopped behind a bush and didn't move anymore. The second roe, a fawn, came closer and stood broadside at about 50 m. So I did my thing. Big boom from the .50 Deerhunter, short call of the roe, smoke, all quiet. When the smoke was gone I didn't see any roe. I relaoded my rifle and after 10 minutes I went down to the hitting point. In the torchlight I saw a blood trail in the snow. I followed it, but had not to go far, only about 15 m, there it was lying - dead. It was a clean kill by boilerroom shot. The .490 PRB hits behind the shoulder blade and exited directly on the opposite side breaking a rib bone. When field dressing the piece I saw that the lounge was heavily damaged, but nothing more. The female fawn weights 11,5 kg gutted. Sorrowly both cams are out of order so no pics. My charge was 90 grs of WANO PP and a overpowder bore button.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Once again, great job. :bow: Good shooting and a clean kill. It shows respect to the animal and our name as hunters.
Idaho PRB

Congratulations from across the sea, and nice choice of gear, by jove I think he's got it guys.

waidmannsheil, Dirk!
I thought at you when i heard the weatherreport.
Last year we had only 1 day snow.
I got a 20kg pig this morning, but not pc heren because Pedersoli inliner and scope :-(

Hi Detlev,

also congrats and Waidmanns Heil. Each deer harvested with ML is a trophy, even with a inliner.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back