• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifle Enroute!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, after a two year and four month wait, my dream rifle is about to arrive. I asked Roy Stroh to make an interpretation of a John Small rifle. He made rifles in Vincennes, Indiana Territory from about 1785 to 1820. I'll have pictures in the Photo's section when it arrives!

Trench said:
"...after a two year and four month wait..."
As much as I'd like to have a rifle built by Roy Stroh or Keith Lisle, at the late age I decided to get into long rifles any wait longer than 6 months might have been like rolling the dice...LOL...look forward to seeing it too !

Great news on your rifle :thumbsup: . I hope he did'nt use UPS, after hearing all the horror stories on the way they treat long rifles,i.e. running them over and throwing them from the truck to the ground. Heres my wish that the rifle arrives safe and sound. Photo's will be waited on with baited breath. :bow:

Awesome! Can't wait for the pics.

I've wanted a Roy Stroh rifle for a good while but kinda feel the same way rb does. Howsomever, We shall see what transpires over the coming years.

armakiller,

Amen to that comment on UPS. They shipped my parts set from the Mold & Gun Shop to my cousin's house 2 1/2 miles away (with a diff # and road name) and put in their computer that it was delivered to the right address. And they left it on his front porch all day long. I called them and said their driver was a blatant liar and having been on the road that long he knew exactly where he was and just didn't want to turn around. Lose too much time I guess. Their service has gone down hill.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of it.After pouring through the book on him numerous times it'll be interesting to see a modern builders interpretation.

Congratulations, my friend! I know you've been waiting! Can't wait to see her when she arrives! :thumbsup:

Trench, That is real cool!!! Will it be a copy of your official state rifle in cap lock? That rifle in flint would be a looker as well, either way, you picked the right man to do it! Can't wait to see it.
Robby

Robby, I almost picked the Grouseland rifle when I initially wanted a John Small rifle. I went with another one of his rifles.

The Grouseland Rifle was at Friendship, IN on Saturday. I got to see it. It was amazingly slender. I believe from this point, you are supposed to get permission from the State of Indiana if you're going to copy it for a build.

Swampy said:
:haha: I know you been waitin a long time but the wait will be so worth it. :thumbsup:

The first year was the hardest, followed by the last couple of months. Can't wait to see the rifle in it's entirety. Roy gave me one sneak-peak of the cheek piece during the build.

good fer you! an if he sends it in the big silver box..............make sure you have a key!!!!!

you'll be happy!!! :thumbsup:

Trench,
O.K. it has been 24 hours and no pictures.

We know that you are sitting at home caressing that new rifle and make little cooing noises.

Come on now - Share!

Back