• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement TC lock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newly O’Brian

12ga, 32, 36, 44, 45, 54 and 58 cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone make a replacement lock for TC percussion rifles?

Quality? Need fitting? Better quality than TC's? Trigger pull?

I'm wanting a better trigger pull and lock time.

Does anyone make a replacement lock for TC percussion rifles?

Quality? Need fitting? Better quality than TC's? Trigger pull?

I'm wanting a better trigger pull and lock time.
L&R makes a replacement lock, though not a drop in. Requires some wood removal in the lock mortise.

For a better trigger, look at RE Davis Deerslayer trigger.

Curious, what the specific issues you are experiencing with the factory lock and trigger? Have you adjusted the double set TC factory trigger? What kind of lock times (and how) are you measuring?

It's for my TC Black Mountain Magnum 54 cal w a single trigger. I've shot many a targets and whitetail deer w this rifle...I'm just getting more discriminate in my older years and want a better lock on it.

I haven't measured the lock time, but it can't be great with that much hammer travel.

Perhaps you could call Cabin Creek and see if Brad would tune your lock for more speed, he is a wizard at such things and the go to guy for lock tuning.

I have several TC percussion guns and don't see a problem with the lock time. I did put an L&R flintlock in a TC percussion stock, it wasn't an easy fit, very challenging.

Back