• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Reenactor Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakebite

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I met a guy who's been CW reenacting for a while. He's never shot his rifles with a projectile. We are going to go shooting and the only powder he has is reenactor powder. Graf and Sons says you can shoot roundball with it, it burns at lower pressures. I'm assuming you can shoot minies with it too. I've never had any experience with it and right now I'd rather he use my black powder than his powder. Besides his CW rifles, he has a .50 flint Tennessee rifle.
I don't remember what model CW rifle he has, but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about using this kind of powder. (I know, silly question about anyone having an opinion). Either in his CW rifle or flinter.

"Snakebite"

Reinactor powders from whati used and others that shoot it says the grind is not as constant in other words i have some grind looks like a mix of 2f and 3f
For mei use it most of the time for target or hunting shoots just fine and i buy it coz its just cheaper

Back