• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Re-bore barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvbuckbuster

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey folks. Having been on here much and shooting less but was wondering who still does rebore of muzzle loader barrels? Have a friend whose brother gave him a neglected TC Hawken .50 cal and wants to get it rebored to .54. Any names and numbers would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

Mr. Hoyt has done three barrels for me. All are accurate. The .54 with one turn in 66" and rounded grooves is the most accurate patched round ball barrel i've ever fired.

I have four barrels that were either made or lined by Mr. Hoyt and I am happy with all of them. However, he has been doing this work since at least the 1970’s and I understand he is currently very busy. I think he stays busy.

I have no complaints with regard to Mr. Hoyt, but would take some comfort in knowing if there are any alternatives, or at least someone to take the baton when he is ready to cut back or retire. I spoke with somebody at Oregon Barrels a year or so ago and asked if they ever did re-boring, and was told that they didn’t.

Anyway, it would be good to know if we have options.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Latest posts

Back