• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

quick question re: converting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tkendrick

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up a really nice, nearly new and maybe even un-fired Pedersoli Frontier rifle for a crazy dirt cheap price. I would have grabbed it if it had been a flint, but it's a percussion model.

SOOO, how hard is it to convert one of these to flint? I Know it can be done, just curious as to how hard and how much. If the price isn't too high, I may buy it anyway.

Not being familiar with this rifle, I did a search. It APPEARS that you would just have to replace the drum/nipple with a vent liner and replace the lock. That will cost over $100 so you will have to take all that into consideration. Several years ago, I converted a Dixie Mountain rifle to flint by just buying the lockplate/hammer and using the internal parts from the percussion lock. Total cost was $43 IIRC as opposed to $120 for a complete lock. Unfortunately, I'm afraid those days are over....

Back