• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Precarved stock questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pork Chop

58 Cal.
Reaction score
A fair number of folks have the CVA Bobcat rifles. I think that most agree that the plastic stock is horrid. I have seen some of the wood CVA stocks, and don't really like those either. My question is this - I know that there are a few folks that can do a precarve for the CVA parts, but is there anyone who has actually done it?

Haven't done a preinlet but did restock a Mountain Rifle with a Leman precarve.

The easiest way would be to get a precarved stock that you want with the right barrel channel and ramrod channels done and that doesn't have the lock, triggers ect. inlet. This will allow you to set the length of pull that you like and get a better fit.

Back