• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta 5.5" Sheriff's Model Review

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrfunk

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all! A couple of weeks ago I promised a review of my new Pietta Sheriff's Model, and now here it is! Below is the link to my review and range test. Be sure to let me know what you think of this cool C&B revolver after you watch the video!

Howard

Hi all! A couple of weeks ago I promised a review of my new Pietta Sheriff's Model, and now here it is! Below is the link to my review and range test. Be sure to let me know what you think of this cool C&B revolver after you watch the video!

Howard

Great video,I always enjoy your presentations. One point, I am able to cap my 58 Pietta target model using an inline capper then seating them with a dowel or pop cycle stick.
The second cylinder full usually requires the nipples being brushed off with a tooth brush before seating new caps to clear them of fouling.

Thanks Gents! I'm glad you liked the video. I'm surprised to know an in-line capper works with the NMA. May I ask the make of that revolver?

Howard

Interesting. It looks like the cut-outs for the nipples on your revolver were machined with larger openings. Apparently they changed that somewhere along the way.

Howard

I have the standard model. I have wanted the model like you have since I first saw one.

Though some may think it’s silly. I think it would be interesting to see a penetration test as well. I actually had to use mine to dispatch a deer at point blank range during muzzleloader season.

Hmm, a video featuring a chronograph and penetration test. That sounds like it would make for interesting viewing. You might just see that pop up someday!

Howard

Back