• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pic of my 1860 Army and '51 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philo426

40 Cal.
Reaction score
2007_0324colt0002.jpg
[/img]

I made the box out of an old silverware box.I think it looks pretty good!What do you think?

Pyrodex,
ShowoffThey are beautiful.Thanks for the pics.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Wow!The pictures sure came out good!tHanks for all of the kind words I am pretty proud of them!

Nice but do you actually use that flask? I have one just like it but it was too much trouble trying to line up those tiny screws with the holes every time I filled it.

rebel727 said:
Nice but do you actually use that flask? I have one just like it but it was too much trouble trying to line up those tiny screws with the holes every time I filled it.

Huh? :confused:

You mean, all these years that I've been removing the spout and using a funnel to fill it, I should have been removing the entire top??? :shake:

Oh, woe is me. :(

Rebel.....you are Joking...right?
I have a little red plastic funnel made by LEE that just slides over the spout...it is built so that it fits all the spouts I have and dosent spill one grain 'o powder.
"it is a PAIN to take those little screws out!!"
takes a REAL MAN to admit that one!!! :redface:

rebel727 said:
The spout comes off???? DUUUH! :haha: Now I gotta dig it out and find out.

Uh, yeah. It just unscrews. Right hand thread. May be stuck if you've never removed it, but it will come off. And you can buy different sizes that hold a calibrated amount of powder so you don't need a separate powder measure...

I just unscrew it, open the valve, stick the nozzle of the funnel in the hole to hold the valve open and pour away.

I guess it's true that you're never too old to learn...

No, I was serious. I didn't know the spout came off. In my defense tho it was the first powder flask I ever bought many moons ago and had never even seen one up close before. I didn't use it much for that reason. I just dug it out of my bp junk box where it's been residing for the last 15 years or so and the spout does come off but the side seams have split open and the screws are gone.

No I don't use that flask ,it's strickly for show.I actually use a CVA Brass cyclindrical flask and a revolver charger that I made out of copper and brass.If you would like I can take pictures of the flask and the revolver charger.

Ah! My favorite kind of charger (on the right).

I have 8 different nozzles for mine for loads from 15 grains to 120 grains. :grin:
zonie :)

The one on the right is hand-made utilizing .357 cartridge cases along with some brass and copper sheet.The cases hold about 30 grains of pyrodex and the spout delivers the powder to the cylinders.Saves time when you load because you don't have to measure all six powder charges.

Zonie said:
Ah! My favorite kind of charger (on the right).

I have 8 different nozzles for mine for loads from 15 grains to 120 grains. :grin:
zonie :)

Yep, that's what I use now. Wish it held more powder tho.

Back