• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Caps is there a shortage

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know you only shot rock locks.
I don't shoot my flintlock pistol much cause I don't want to mess with the flint. It is working so spiffy and on first try every time it just makes me worry if I mess with it.

Yep, just flintlocks for me, I called that gun shop to put back 3 tins of caps for my brother, and the gal there said the price was going to be $8.99 a tin!. At over 10 cents a shot with tax I'm double glad I just shoot flintlock. I usually shoot around 30 times each range session so I would go through a 100 caps in a hurry. Time to give Track a call and stock up on flints for the Siler and L&R Bailes lock. Plus there is no Haz-Mat fee for flints. :thumbsup:

Brian6396 said:
Natchez.com shows cci 10 and 11 in stock.
55 bucks per 1000 plus shipping and hasmat

I just checked those guys, no.11 are out of stock bout they still had some no. 10's. Somebody must have cleaned them out of no.11's. Still glad I shoot flintlock, received a dozen Amber flints from Stonewall creek yesterday. I'll be giving them a try later today. I need to put a few rounds through the .40 cal. anyway, its been a week or so.

One of the local grocery store "throwaway papers" here in Bexar Co. had a classified ad last week offering #10 caps "at a sacrifice price" of 15.99 per 100 with "a minimum order" of 3 cans.
(At about 16 cents per percussion cap, I call that a "human sacrifice". = CHUCKLE.)

yours, satx

You ought to give the guy a call and tell him what a SOB he is. :cursing:

He probably doesn't even know what they are used for. :( :shake:

SCALPERS are everywhere here. = A couple of weeks ago, I tried to buy 2 boxes of 180grain .300 Savage JSP shells for my Model 760 Remington and some 30.06 Springfield empty cases, to reform/reload with 270grain JSP for my 9.3x62mm.
The price:
44.99 + tax for each box of 20 Winchester .300SAV = 2.43 EACH.
and
.26 each for empty .06 "once fired" Remington cases, taking 500 or more.

What I said under my breath, after I saw the prices is downright: UNPRINTABLE.

"Duckie" said, "You shouldn't say words like that, Hun!"
I said, "I didn't say a word."
She said, "Maybe not - But you were thinking some UGLY words".
(She has known me for near 30 years & can read my mind.)

yours, satx

In Phoenix Tip Curtis had them at $12.00 per tin.

Marvin's normal prices are $45.00 for 1,000 in Phoenix.

Not sure Marvin and Log Cabin will return to Phoenix.

armakiller said:
I just got back from visiting my local gun store and sitting on their counter was (were?) 2 cases of 5000ct CCI no. 11s, the first ones they've received in about 3 months she said. Oh, well, I only shoot flintlocks so I had to leave them for ya'll caplock guys.

Well, the price for 100 caps was $8.99 plus another 80 cents each for tax :shocked2:. I only bought 2 tins. I'm double glad I only shoot flintlock. These are for my brother who has a caplock.

Tuesday in Helena, Montana they had lots of both brands in 10 and 11's for around $5 a tin. Musket caps also.

I found #10s and #11s at Cabela's in Kansas City last Saturday for $7.99.

At the BIG San Antonio Gun-show this weekend, I saw exactly ONE tin of 100 caps (#11). - For 14.99.
(I regard that as "highway robbery".)

Further, I saw NOT even one ML firearm for sale, nor any real BP offered for sale, either.
(There were several canisters of Pyrodex in RS & cartridge for sale, in both powder & pelletized form.)

yours, satx

Every time I walk into Sportsman's Warehouse in Tucson I pick up a tin of 100 Remington #11 caps. I'm not paying more than $7.00 per tin. I have more caps than balls... so to speak...

Mike

Latest posts

Back