• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Frontier/Blue Ridge Vent Liner hole size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zen like focus there dan-u-san......

Focus on that front target and let everything else fade into the background. The more you do, the better the shot.

Also, learn your center. Take a unloaded gun. Mount it and close your eyes. Get your feet comfortable. Find what makes your feet stance comfortable. Once you found that, then mount the gun again and turn yourself with the gun mounted all the way left and right. Find where your right between the two extremes.

Once you find your neutral stance, you flinch misses get smaller. The more your body is stressed, the more your body will move when you flinch.

This info applies extremely well to shooting a bow and arrow as well as skeet and trap. Learn your neutral position.

Fools Sulphur (love the name!), what you speak of is known elsewhere in the shooting sports as the Natural Point Of Aim, or NPA. It's where the relaxed muscular-skeletal system points the rifle with no steering. NPA is important in all shooting positions, but critical in offhand, aka standing because the shooter's only contact with Mother Earth is two small feet a long way from the rifle.

It takes a while to learn the feel of a good NPA. I find dry firing to be some of the best raining I do. With a double set trigger and the hammer/cock full forward dry firing will show you if NPA is right. Did the front sight drift off to the left as you "fired" and followed through? If yes, your NPA was off, and it's time for a tiny shift to the right. NPA also has a vertical component.

So, let's all get cockin' and clickin' to get ready for better weather!

White Fox

I understand completely of which you speak. I have spent many years in competitive target archery at a high level. It is indeed very true about staying relaxed and then being able to bring your focus to the x ring each and every shot. Same with shooting this rifle. Thanks for your post. Greg. :)

Latest posts

Back