• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pasta?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you can get boiled lobster for $7.98 all cooked red and shoved up a round tube at Wallyworld! :rotf:

Laws were passes in New England that lobster could not be served more than twice a week to indentured servants due to the cruelty of it.

The very first living history group that I joined had a guy who grew up as the child of lobster fishermen..., so his everyday cheap meat as a kid was lobster. He was told when he joined Scouting, since he was the only lobster-kid in the troop, to stop brining lobster salad sandwiches on hikes as the other scouts thought he was showing-off. :shocked2: His mom thought it silly to have to pay for a package of bologna to keep peace, but she did it.

LD

Their was a great episode on Lobsters a while ago on Food Unwrapped.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2453994/how-can-lidl-sell-lobsters-for-a-fiver-the-shocking-answer-is-revealed-on-food-unwrapped-does-christmas/

Supposedly, lobsters around the time of the Plymouth colony where huge, 5 feet long and tasted terrible.... :idunno:

Can't say myself...never seen a lobster that big...but it makes sense.

In 1st decade of the 2000s (I forgot the exact year.), The Chesapeake Bay Museum "auctioned off" a > 70YO lobster "to the highest bidder", to raise $$$$$$$ for the museum. = HUGE sea-bug.

When the auction results made public by THE BALTIMORE SUN, the local PETA lunatics started "picketing" the house/office of the winning bidder & to end the aggravation, he donated the lobster to aquarium, "to save its life".

The lobster died about a week later.
(Frankly, I thought that the whole thing was amusing.)

yours, satx

GOOD to know. = I don't think that I've ever had lobster that was over 3-4 pounds.
(When I was stationed in B'more, a fellow who called himself, "The Lobster Leader" used to deliver fresh them from the ocean & delivered them to our office building in downtown. = CHEAP, too.
(He gave us a "cut rate deal" because we usually took his whole load.)

I had no trouble eating all the Lobster Louie that my (then) wife wanted to make.

yours, satx

I have a ravioli die press....makes like a dozen at a crack....
Homemade ravioli is to die for...

The recipe I gave above makes a great filling.

one thing I like to do is mix ricotta, parmesan, shredded mozzarella, beer,( cheap American lite) Mrs. Dash, Italian seasoning, and Garlic(all to taste), and maybe some other spices all together and spread the resultant mixture between layers..
This mixture also works well in ravioli, shells, manicotti.

If the filling tastes good going in to the ravioli it will taste good coming out.

When the ravioli float they're done... cook too long and they begin to explode.....Also make sure you get the excess air out before you crimp them.

Fried ravioli are also good.

I read somewhere the complaints of prisoners complaining about being served lobsters three times a week. Without butter, they would be pretty hard to deal with.

I used to go to a professional school where the evening meal was steak and potatoes. It didn't take long for that to get old. Although it was cheaper in the long run for the cafeteria because it only took one or two employees to grill steaks.

Gene L said:
I read somewhere the complaints of prisoners complaining about being served lobsters three times a week. Without butter, they would be pretty hard to deal with.

I used to go to a professional school where the evening meal was steak and potatoes. It didn't take long for that to get old. Although it was cheaper in the long run for the cafeteria because it only took one or two employees to grill steaks.
http://www.gma.org/lobsters/allaboutlobsters/lobsterhistory.html

There is one do some searching. I am from where lobsters come from many generations of lobstermen on both mine and wife's family . Plenty more PRINTED ref avail.

I like the 3-4 pounders my self they have much more flavor and cooked they way the should be are delicious!! Many chefs have no idea what fresh lobster is like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back